Mar 7, 2017
Brantford Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 roadster
The dealer where I bought my 2016 Z06 phoned me for a service appointment. While on the phone they told me I needed to have my throttle body cleaned. I was informed they had a special on $50 off. I have had other corvettes and this is the first time this has ever been mentioned. Has any body else done this with so few kilometres on the car.

1. clean your throttle body not sure but I can clean your clock if you wish
(very old bar joke i.e. a place where you went to drink you face off they are probably called something else now a days

2. 30 years ago I used to know what a throttle body was now I just google it

3. welcome I am really bad for my attempts at being humorous and it has cost me some foks I know on the forum and off
oh well I still have myself to talk too

once again welcome
it would be a pretty boring and dry forum if we could not joke about

I know when you need an answer the jokes can sting but remember

you are driving a sting-ray are you not ?

later and welcome again Jeffy resident idiot, and a stig in training

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
So they blame it on the "new girl"...

Sketchy at best Peter. Guess you better keep an eye on these guys. Hopefully, this is a "one of" occurrence and things are better for you there in the future. Otherwise... I suspect your next Z06 will be landing in a different dealership.
Glad you got an answer on the frequency of the TB cleaning at least which seems reasonable. Although the $900 seems ridiculously high based on Stephanes explanation of what is actually involved in the job. He does this for a living... so knows what he is talking about.

D

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Pep
I have had calls from the dealership suggesting that I bring my vehicle in to have the brake fluid flushed at 4 years. I think this is totally insane.. I just tell them I will do it myself... I agree that they are most likely on commission and will sell you what ever they can to make a buck if they can pull the wool over your eyes. I have also been called about oil changes long before they were due...

I have had calls from the dealership suggesting that I bring my vehicle in to have the brake fluid flushed at 4 years. I think this is totally insane.. I just tell them I will do it myself... I agree that they are most likely on commission and will sell you what ever they can to make a buck if they can pull the wool over your eyes. I have also been called about oil changes long before they were due...

With DOT3 the brake fluid should be done and the clutch fluid even sooner. Water contamination is what I was told. If you have DOT4 in the brakes its yearly.
But yes.... the dealers have a CB schedule based on anticipated miles on a pickup or something. I get the same thing for both our vehicles. For the corvette it’s never right of course but for my wife SUV it’s actually pretty close as she drives the thing daily. Fortunately the Cadillac comes with 8 or 9 synthetic free ones.
And yes.... you bet it’s about them making money. :Biggrin:

I have to agree with one of the above posts! I think she just wanted to see the Z06....or the guy who drives it. :)

I check my throttle body every year when I clean my air filter and it has always been clean except for one year, I could not believe the amount of dirt in there!!!!! You could have grown a garden in that thing, so now I am extra careful about replacing the air filter at the end of the year.