I have a 1954 Russian SKS, 1952 Savage model 99, 1969 Remington 870 wingmaster a 1958 winchester model 12, 50? Stevens side by side and a Stevens 12 gauge bolt action with a three shot clip also from the 50-60's.

I have a 1954 Russian SKS, 1952 Savage model 99, 1969 Remington 870 wingmaster a 1958 winchester model 12, 50? Stevens side by side and a Stevens 12 gauge bolt action with a three shot clip also from the 50-60's.
just recieved and shot a 1937 mosin nagent in 7-62x 54r. 79 yr old gun right out of the cosmoline and hit circle 4 out 5 times at 150 yards open sights. i like this.....

BondArmsSnakeSlayerIV.jpg

C5 here, my cousin collects guns, mostly hand guns. Above is his next acquisition, a Bond Arms "Snake Slayer"
My only experience with guns was when I killed a woodstove in our survey office back in '65. true

Having spent some time fishing the cottonmouth filled waters of Alabama and Louisiana, I have witnessed the need for these 4.10 / 45 life savers. The cottonmouth is notorious for wanting to climb in your boat. Not because he is out to get you, rather he wants to have a rest while swimming and your boat looks just like every other floating piece of driftwood. Word of warning.... Do NOT let one in your boat.... the snake slayer will do the job but my preference tends to lie with the Taurus "Judge" and only because it chambers both the 45 and the 4.10 in a 5 round revolver setting. So in theory, 2 is good.... 5 is better...

Eric

Having spent some time fishing the cottonmouth filled waters of Alabama and Louisiana, I have witnessed the need for these 4.10 / 45 life savers. The cottonmouth is notorious for wanting to climb in your boat. Not because he is out to get you, rather he wants to have a rest while swimming and your boat looks just like every other floating piece of driftwood. Word of warning.... Do NOT let one in your boat.... the snake slayer will do the job but my preference tends to lie with the Taurus "Judge" and only because it chambers both the 45 and the 4.10 in a 5 round revolver setting. So in theory, 2 is good.... 5 is better...

Eric
I you tubed that hand gun and that is cool. I just find hand guns are nearly useless in canada only place you can shoot them is at a range. I prefer rifles in non-restricted take them anywhere.

As a Canuck as well Nelson, I totally agree....and as a farmer (sort of), I do enjoy a bit more freedom than most but I can still certainly relate....

those are getting tough to find,how does it compare to Russians? I just found and bought a Swiss K11 straight pull. shot it yesterday at a stump in my farmyard. Hmmmmm shoot it or the mosin, hate deciding will shoot both. Looking now for a K31.......none in Canada so it seems. one place has some coming in so on waiting list.both are 7.5x55 swiss. ammo is a bit more but swiss surplus is non corrosive and believe it on not match grade. now for some soft points. BTW my K11 was made in 1920. checked date in a database by serial #.

those are getting tough to find,how does it compare to Russians? I just found and bought a Swiss K11 straight pull. shot it yesterday at a stump in my farmyard. Hmmmmm shoot it or the mosin, hate deciding will shoot both. Looking now for a K31.......none in Canada so it seems. one place has some coming in so on waiting list.both are 7.5x55 swiss. ammo is a bit more but swiss surplus is non corrosive and believe it on not match grade. now for some soft points. BTW my K11 was made in 1920. checked date in a database by serial #.

I have a K31 and yes it's a good shooter it's a heavy rifle so doesn't kick as much as a mosin. I found 7.5x55 in Lethbridge in crates at wholesale sports.

Don't own one but hear it is an extremely smooth shooting and accurate firearm. VKT build?

The m39 does seem to shoot better than a Russian mosin. Mostly due to the thicker barrel, better sights, heavier wood stock. Seems more solid but I do prefer my Russian 91/30 with scope, timmney trigger, shimmed and wrapped the barrel in cork on the pressure points and I put a big tanker style muzzle brake. It shoots better than the rest of my rifles. Lots of fun and loud.

The Finnish m39 is a 1941 VKT numbers matching. Bought it in a pawn store $400.

nice!! its fun to play with these rifles. great piece of history and like you say fun.... I put a long eye relief scope on a brass stacker mount on the Mosin. mounts over the rear sight thus gun is still not modded.havent shot to much yet. Also in calgary at the shooting center they have some K31's. finally got one from there. 425 bucks. these swiss guns if i was good enough are very capable 1000yrd shooters open sites. Putting a clamp on mount and 3x9 on the 31 again not modding gun, can remove in two min . will keep you posted on how it works out. Found the slip of paper on K11 under butt cap. orig issued to Freidrick Wyss swiss reg forces in 1921. he was born 1899. has his home address on it to. will check google maps

I took the rear sight off of my mosin Nagant and there is a dove tail under there so you can just bolt right to that and it is super solid. I also have a long eye relief scope on it,

I also have an exsniper and I ordered an scope and mount from Russian and installed it. I like the old fashioned cross hairs.

that is sweet!!! just sighted my mosin in. took a bit but all good now. Mounted a scope on my swiss K31 clamp on type. nelson you gotta get or try one. Sweet shooter. so smooth and once sighted its deadly at 100yrds. waiting to get time for further out.factory trigger is two stage light pull. 2.8-3 lbs low recoil. less than mosin. 7.5x55 so pretty close same round.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread