Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
DIY ceramic coating
Category: Cars
Deal Link: www.avalonking.com
Retailer: Avalonking
Discount: 40%
Expiry Date: Nov 23, 2018

Description: Nice discount on diy ceramic coating. One day only, black friday sale.
I put the price in for 2. That's my order.......hope it's a quality product. Reviews are good.

Approved by: Poll results

Did you try this stuff yet? Anyone else? I know prep is key. I see if you get 3 kits it’s buy2 get 1 free plus currently use xmas18 promo for another 40% off ( so regular $100/ kit buying 3 works to about $45/ kit)

My order came in a timely manner, even with the postal mess.
I won't be using it until spring, when I'll post up details of my experience.
I plan on doing the car and my ridgeline with 3 bottles. Hope it's enough, so just in case it's not.....the car gets done first.

Reactions: frankmp
I spent 7 hrs today cleaning, and prepping and applying the ceramic coating.
I've used wax in the past that was harder to buff off.
I hope the results are worth the effort, because it's a gruelling job..
It left the car with an amazing finish to the touch....smooth as glass.
I did it all by hand.
There's enough left in 1 bottle to do it again, and the bottles seem tiny. Upon starting, I didn't think 3 bottles were going to be enough.
I've got 2 1/2 left.
All I need now is an Aleve, or 3, and an hour in the hot tub.

DIY ceramic coating
Category: Cars
Deal Link: www.avalonking.com
Retailer: Avalonking
Discount: 40%
Expiry Date: Nov 23, 2018

Description: Nice discount on diy ceramic coating. One day only, black friday sale.
I put the price in for 2. That's my order.......hope it's a quality product. Reviews are good.

Approved by: Poll results
Let me know how it works out!

I know I've been away for a little bit of time but I'll provide some feedback here.
A little bit about my background and experience, I'm a detailer and run a shop primarily focusing on Ceramic Coating installations; 95% of my sales in 2018 were Ceramic Coating installations, doing anywhere from 3-6 installs per week. I have no loyalty to any brand, don't give into any advertising and use what I like and apply what I like on my own vehicles.

Having worked with coatings for so long most professional detailers come to the same conclusion; There are only 5-7 REAL Coating Manufacturer's.
1 or 2 being created, blended and bottled in the good ol' USA (CarPro and Feynlabs)
Others mostly being done overseas; The most reputable one out of the US would be IGL Coatings (Kenzo Ceramic Coating)
Optimum (Opticoat) is well known too. Of course we all know Ceramic Pro is well marketed.

Everything else is rebottled and having been offered free coating kits I quickly learn consistency, smell, packaging is a quick give away of the source of the product.
This product, with very little basic research is a rebottle; 100%. Avalon King is just a distributor and not a creator, nor developer of Ceramic Coatings.

This product, exact same product can be purchased directly from Alibaba for $8 - $12

Stay away from any company advising you that a 99% Alcohol wipe is enough to prep paint, especially when applying coatings.
And even worse, their FAQ; New Car -> Straight to IPA -> Apply Coating....I've worked on so many brand new, less than 50km vehicles, straight from dealer that required a full paint correction and prep before applying any coatings.

Want a bit more proof, visit this link: Anti Scratch Ceramic Car Coating-Anti Scratch Ceramic Car Coating Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comCar Paint
This will show you the exact same product, packaging and all.

Just a different label.

I think the instructions are more than 99, not sure.
I washed it (dawn). Then clay bar. Then washed it again. Then wiped down with 99. Then the coating.
If it lasts better than wax, I'll be satisfied. I don't have more than a hundo invested, including the clay bar kit, and there's enough left to do it 5 times.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Update.
A month ago I waxed my car.
After letting it sit in the rain yesterday (still not driven in rain, nor have I used the wipers.....don't know if they work)
the beads of water were huge.
Cleaned up easy.

So. After washing the car, I sprayed it with ipone CleanRpolish.
The results shocked me.
I thought the ceramic finish was slick / smooth.
This stuff is incredible.
I'd used it on my motorcycles, but forgot about it.
Stupid easy to use....amazing results. (no idea how long it's going to last).
Screenshot_20190722-210019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.