Apr 25, 2013
VetteCoins
You need to buy longer screw buttery
1591062125659.jpg

Buy the switch
IMG_20200601_184226.jpg
add the switch to negative
IMG_20200601_200144.jpg

After that you safe your car from any problem from disconnect and connect battery anymore ...make sure you tight the screw heard ..

Seems like a very good way to keep the car from draining the battery if you don't want to keep hooking and unhooking a battery maintainer, or a good way to keep the car from being started for security. The only drawback I would see with this is having to set the radio and clock every time you got in your car....unless you don't use the radio, which I never do. Another question is if the car remembers the fob, or do you need to pair the fob with the car each time?

I don't have a C5 however ...
I am curious of the issues that are resolved by this clean & nifty rigging?
I could think of one when in warm storage ...
as cold storage might still require a battery maintainer.

Last edited:
Not for me. My maintainers work just fine and I don't have to re-progam anything. As far as security goes, I can't see having to use the fob key to get into the rear hatch and pull up the carpet every time to reconnect power. Plus, for what it's worth (which is not much), no horn blowing security when someone smashes a window to steal things out of your car. JMO

Hi.... The reason Ido that it's just when l need to do some work with wires or anything in the car that need to disconnect the buttery that will be easy to do .. .. and I don't do that for winter time because I never disconnect the buttery in winter.. because I have battery maintainer..and the other thing when l try to connect the battery it really pain to do plus if you are not lucky it could be damage some electronic stuff .. and don't forget you must to do that with negative side only ....

Last edited:
Ah, so it's more of a disconnect for working on the car. That makes sense, and as you stated, is pretty good for limiting voltage spikes when disconnecting the battery traditionally, minimizing damage to electrical components.

Reactions: GWL
Riley P ... Yes that right. And it's really amazing it took me 2 second to disconnect the battery to do some work to my wires and 2 second to connect really really good idea....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.