Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
Hi Kids...
My wife and I just got back from a drive to Disneyland. We met the grandkidkets down there and got to see the Park again thru their eyes!
What a great time in the happiest place on earth! It was a 103F for 3 days.
Drank lots of water and stayed in the shade.
We took our other 'toy', a 2003 Jeff Gordon Spl Edition Monte Carlo SS. It was a fun ride, very comfy, fairly quick. It turns heads in the US where more people follow NASCAR. The fact that I had the dash signed by Jeff a few years ago impressed a few people. A couple of people had their pictures taken with the car.

We drove down Interstate5 stopping overnight in Redding , then Bakersfield and finally Anaheim. The trip down was 2200kms in approx 21 hrs driving time. On the trip back we stopped in San Francisco for a couple of days. Then followed the Coast Hwy#101 on the way home. Hwy #101 is a great drive and highly recommended. When I get the Vette back on the road soon then I want to go down the Coast again. Lots of twisty bits and small towns to drive thru. Incredible scenery and right along side the Ocean.
We put almost 5000kms on the Monte and had a great time. The new GPS and radar detector worked great too.

A recommended adventure for anyone wanting a nice drive.
Thanx for reading. Graham

JP... We didn't do NAPA Valley this trip.. We've been there a few times in the past when we've attended the NASCAR races @ Sears Point Raceway. Great part of the country. There was a vintage race event at Sears Point last weekend that made finding a room within 50 miles of Sonoma almost impossible.
Graham

Thanx SB... We'll be coming your way soon as my daughter lives near Tofield. We do that trip up the Yellowhead thru Jasper 2-3 times a year...
Maybe we'll make one of the Ponoka or Red Deer Corvette meets.

Seeya..... Graham

Last edited:
That is a trip I would love to take. Very envious of your location. And that is a sweet looking Monte.

Hi Graham , we are just now staying in Lincoln City Oregon, right on the coast. Will be three days here and then north on 101 to Ocean Shores Washington for another stay for two more days.We came down I5 and the temperature in Portland was around 85F and when we hit the coast it dropped to the low 60's.
Al..

Al.. Have a great trip.
That is a beautiful drive thru there.
I wanna do it again with the Corvette maybe in September.
You missed a great local(Langley) Corvette show yesterday. 100+ Corvettes
There were 10+ 2014's there thruout the day... Perfect day.
Our RCC Corvette show is next Sunday in Richmond.
Take care
Graham

Hi Kids...
My wife and I just got back from a drive to Disneyland. We met the grandkidkets down there and got to see the Park again thru their eyes!
What a great time in the happiest place on earth! It was a 103F for 3 days.
Drank lots of water and stayed in the shade.
We took our other 'toy', a 2003 Jeff Gordon Spl Edition Monte Carlo SS. It was a fun ride, very comfy, fairly quick. It turns heads in the US where more people follow NASCAR. The fact that I had the dash signed by Jeff a few years ago impressed a few people. A couple of people had their pictures taken with the car.

We drove down Interstate5 stopping overnight in Redding , then Bakersfield and finally Anaheim. The trip down was 2200kms in approx 21 hrs driving time. On the trip back we stopped in San Francisco for a couple of days. Then followed the Coast Hwy#101 on the way home. Hwy #101 is a great drive and highly recommended. When I get the Vette back on the road soon then I want to go down the Coast again. Lots of twisty bits and small towns to drive thru. Incredible scenery and right along side the Ocean.
We put almost 5000kms on the Monte and had a great time. The new GPS and radar detector worked great too.

A recommended adventure for anyone wanting a nice drive.
Thanx for reading. Graham

Mr. Nascar03 You spent plenty of your time in Disneyland. I hope you enjoyed a lot. You added the pictures also which shows your great interest in nature & beauty. You visited the park of Disneyland also, what thing you like the most there? You shared that you travelled about 5500km. It

Graham,
Just came back from Canmore Alta. Saw Lake Louise, Banff and did a total of almost 1,800 kms.Took lots and lots of pics with my DSLr and lots with my canon F1 film camera, with the 85 to 300mm lens and my 50 mm macro. For me anyway the digital has a lomg way to go to equal what the creactivity and quality of the film camera can accomplish.When I get the negatives developed I will print then off from my scanner and see if I remember what i used to be able to do many years ago.Some of the nicest places were from Merrit to Spences Bridge, almost took you back 80 years ago. Looked like country out of "The Good the bad and the ugly" western. Waiting for Clint to appear at every turn in the road, There wasn't a straight stretch antwhere along that way.
Al..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.