Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
I'm having my low profile spoiler swapped out for a high wing in a couple of weeks. I remember reading somewhere where an owner did the same thing and didn't disconnect the battery before starting the job. After installing the new spoiler and re-connecting all of the harnesses connected to the rear bumper, tail lights etc, it resulted in a bunch of error codes. Should the battery be disconnected prior to removing the bumper to be safe?

I've have removed my bumper twice with the battery connected and have had no issues with the car showing codes. I can see you having issues with setting codes if you start the car with the bumper removed. On power up the computer is running self diagnostics and is looking for the back up sensors which are not plugged in. This will set off codes.

rearbumperIMG_3417.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I've have removed my bumper twice with the battery connected and have had no issues with the car showing codes. I can see you having issues with setting codes if you start the car with the bumper removed. On power up the computer is running self diagnostics and is looking for the back up sensors which are not plugged in. This will set off codes.

View attachment 106980
Had mine off as well, no issues. But no harm if you decide to disconnect the battery

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread