Boombastic

2 You're 10
Oct 18, 2012
Manitoulin Island
VetteCoins
Car
2011 base
The boys at Dasilva will be changing the gears from 2.56 to 3.42. They say that they will have to get one built. Can they just put one in from a Z06. Is it not a 3.42 rear end. is there a diffenence. Maybe one of the boys from Breslau can answer.
Thanks

Last edited:
Z06 has 3.42 rear gears true... but if it needs to survive hard launches of lots of horsepower they can be yet beef up ie. built...

Alternatively the gears could be swapped out of yours and replaced with the new gear set.

(I'm not an expert but have had my diff swapped out 2.73 to 3.42)

The boys at Dasilva will be changing the gears from 2.56 to 3.42. They say that they will have to get one built. Can they just put one in from a Z06. Is it not a 3.42 rear end. is there a diffenence. Maybe one of the boys from Breslau can answer.
Thanks

Hey Kevin ...... Glad to bump into you here -- I chatted with you at Manny's when you came in with a busted up tranny in the truck .... Hope you made it back to Manitoulin in a timely manner. How did 3 in your vette go? :D

Good luck with the new rear gear set -- "built" will be better but I'd leave that up to Manny as to whether it was necessary for my style of driving.

C.

Hey CCO. Nice to meet ya the other day. Truck got fixed and made it home ok. The Vette is a lot of fun to ride. My next mod will for sure be the gear change, followed by the ECS blower.Have you done the gear change? also, how do you secure your vette when inside your trailer. Do you use d hooks and if so, where on the cars do u hook on to. I have a 24 ft toy hauler that will carry my car , when and if I need to. thanks. kevin

Hey CCO. Nice to meet ya the other day. Truck got fixed and made it home ok. The Vette is a lot of fun to ride. My next mod will for sure be the gear change, followed by the ECS blower.Have you done the gear change? also, how do you secure your vette when inside your trailer. Do you use d hooks and if so, where on the cars do u hook on to. I have a 24 ft toy hauler that will carry my car , when and if I need to. thanks. kevin

Hi Kevin ...... glad to hear the truck got fixed up and you made it back to the island ok .... Got the blower as you saw but would like a gear set too to really wake this puppy up. Then maybe meth to complete the blower setup.:D Got to replenish the coffers a little bit first tho..:D

Manny trailered my car in Feb. and secured on the suspension (at or near the wheels) -- You'll have to check with him for the exact locations.

You'll have one quick 'vette once you're done -- you gonna do some racing or just cruising like me?

See you at Manny's sometime soon. Can't wait to see the build. Car looks awesome bro.
icon14.gif

All this if it ever stops snowing and starts sunning. :D

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.