Featured Thread

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Sharing something that perpetuates smiles on 2 Corvette Owners from this past Winter

I am blessed with this Canadian Corvette Forums and getting to know more about one of our many great friends on these Forums
@rockitman
Who took special effort and with his talent, replicated mine and my Wife's Corvettes for us.
I will start off with photos to share the result and more to follow on how these were made.
We are so grateful and Thank you @rockitman (Dennis)

image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg

Here are our full scale versions ...

DSC_0011icon.jpg

Last edited:
Two 1:18 Scale Original Diecasts
(one being in the process of preparation)

and some may say, why didn't we just buy red corvettes - I have nothing against them - would have saved Dennis some trouble

20180117_100751.jpg
20180114_153905.jpg
20180116_192803.jpg
20180116_192821.jpg
20180117_092335.jpg

Customized Paint made to match Existing Cars

20180117_100737.jpg

Last edited:
I was there when Spence got these cars from Dennis. They look great and so well done down to the last little detail. Dennis did a fantastic job.

That was a very good breakfast meet guys.... we need to do it again. Maybe with Corvettes this time.

You guys met for breakfast and there were no pics?:banghead::Biggrin:

Did Jim bring the Maple Syrup?

I was there when Spence got these cars from Dennis. They look great and so well done down to the last little detail. Dennis did a fantastic job.

That was a very good breakfast meet guys.... we need to do it again. Maybe with Corvettes this time.
Breakfast (Feb 4th) was very good ... yup next time ... hope is for full-size Corvettes
otherwise it might be 1:18 scale versions again ... ;)

Reactions: rockitman
Spence/Dennis.. nice work on the die-cast cars.
I did my C5 a few years ago..

947D6C18-2813-4A95-B9AA-66ECEF3EB9AE.jpeg

I added a few details as well. HUD, wind deflector and a scale set of the 3-volume shop manuals for the trunk.
27017CD7-A659-444E-8D8A-867D9C39086A.jpeg

Wire mesh in the grill, side and rear openings just like my 1/1 car.
7064F1E7-3795-491A-8000-72BF431841B7.jpeg
403F0CCF-30E5-4ECC-84A4-68C1AC73DB0B.jpeg

I still have to finish the wheels with a polished-look surface.

Graham

View attachment 15233
I added a few details as well. HUD, wind deflector and a scale set of the 3-volume shop manuals for the trunk.
View attachment 15234
View attachment 15235 View attachment 15236

Graham
Nice Graham ... real Nice! ... I was hoping to be able see some more diecasts of this idea from others ...
it sure makes time enjoyable (well for me) for this and for future revisits during the winter months ... :thumbs:

I also like seeing how people resolve some of the "specialized" treatments too ...

Not to take away the awesome work by Dennis ... I asked he not worry about emblems and
followed later by calling upon the genius of my Wife (and by raiding her scrapbooking "tools and supplies" :Nono1: ... shhh)
as well as my teen Daughter (just because kids seem to be preprogrammed with anything "computer" :rolleyes: )
and then self-teach new aspects of Photoshop & Photoshop Elements to create prototypes
of new 1:18 scaled emblems and license plates (yup our vanity plates).
Discovered in the process, that dark paint tone & light paint tone emblem options had to be resolved
and I'm still working on prototypes for that rascally back "corvette" scripted emblem :Rage:

iOS Image - 3229652197.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 15233
View attachment 15234
View attachment 15235 View attachment 15236

Graham
That’s really nice Graham. Really looks sharp. Adding the manuals gives it a personal touch for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
... seeing those "must have" shop manuals of Graham's in his replica ...
... has me now wondering if I might need the "must have" Starbucks "no-foam" Grande-Soy-Latte replicated in the cup holder of my Wife's "REALGON" car ...
:D

Last edited:
... seeing those "must have" shop manuals of Graham's in his replica ...
... has me now wondering if I might need the "must have" Starbucks "no-foam" Grande-Soy-Latte replicated in the cup holder of my Wife's "REALGON" car ...
:D
You’ll need a real steady hand to get the font on the cup correct. Lol. Be sure to post pics of that endeavour.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread