Hi all. I was just wondering how many of you got glass insurance on your car, since it seems to be no longer offered under your regular auto insurance. A friend of mine highly recommended getting it, as the glass can be very expensive to replace if damaged. If you have it, have you ever needed to make a claim? If so, how did that go?
My insurance agent said it would be around $180/year for it, but she would need to see the car to ensure it is not already damaged, since my car is 4 years old.
Dale
Do you drive in winter? Glass on my 06 vette is so thick...Up to you my friend?

Do you drive in winter? Glass on my 06 vette is so thick...Up to you my friend?
No, I will be parking it like the rest of you, but I am known to be a worrier, according to my wife.
A few months after I got my truck, a vehicle in front of me on the freeway kicked up a stone and it went right into my windshield, causing a very large crushed circle. I tried to get it repaired, but it was not able to be eliminated, so I eventually replaced the windshield. Even side windows cane be $$$ to fix, from what I’ve heard. I’d does seem to be like Murphy’s law....if you have insurance, you won’t need it, if you don’t have insurance, sure as hell something will happen.

... I am known to be a worrier .... if you have insurance, you won’t need it, if you don’t have insurance, sure as hell something will happen.
Welcome to “the OCD club” and even your Doctor won’t know anything about treating your OCD now ... even if they perhaps have one ... 😂
D1BABBAC-6D61-4D46-9C82-BA4F7C268FE6.jpeg

In Calgary they use fine gravel on the roads in winter not sand. Windshields don't stand a chance.
Yup. I see windshields as a replacement item. The shop that did the paint protection on our SUV offered a windshield coating that was supposed to “strengthen” it but it was $100.00 and had to be redone every 3 years. An aftermarket replacement windshield was $350.00. The coating didn’t make a lot of sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.