Mar 29, 2014
Vero Beach, FL (was Brampton ON)
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51 M7 Coupe
So I did my first Auto Slalom this weekend. It was run by BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter and was a sanctioned CASC event. They are holding them every month at the PowerAid Centre in Brmapton.

The course was a bit tight for a vette, and there were no other cars in the SS class there, but I had a fun time. Out of the 32 cars, 3 of us we first timers. So for my first time coming in 9th overall I'm pretty proud.

may22.jpg

Thanks! I'm going to try and make the rest of them this year and see how/if I improve.

I played with the drive modes, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th run were in track mode and the 4th I left it Sport. First 2 I shifted into second, the last three runs I just left it in first ( only hit 6100 / rpm ). To improve my times I'll work on my lines and brake a little later. The other would be to drift the car a bit. but that will take some practice with out the nannies on and a bit leary with that in a parking lot with nice big concrete lamp posts.

Here is video of my 4th run ( not the greatest ).

Reactions: LSXtasy
Great post! AutoX is such a blast! I'm sure that you are hooked now! Great vid too by the way! Keep 'em coming. It will nice to see how much you improve now that you know what to expect. Again, awesome!!!

Great post! AutoX is such a blast! I'm sure that you are hooked now! Great vid too by the way! Keep 'em coming. It will nice to see how much you improve now that you know what to expect. Again, awesome!!!

Yes, it's a great way to release some of the pent up need to push the car a bit. The course really was a bit to short/tight for a big car like the Corvette, but I'm looking at it as a way to improve driving skills and have some great fun.

The original video was a lot shakier, by the YouTube correction tools took most of it out, worked really well.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Yes, it's a great way to release some of the pent up need to push the car a bit. The course really was a bit to short/tight for a big car like the Corvette, but I'm looking at it as a way to improve driving skills and have some great fun.

The original video was a lot shakier, by the YouTube correction tools took most of it out, worked really well.

You'll find that about most AutoX events. A lot are set up by Miata and S2K drivers so they cater to them. It'sstill a great way to learn your car and have fun doing it at a speed that's manageable. Enjoy amd keep us posted on other events that you do. Maybe a Goodguys event in the States is in your near future.:drive::thumbs:

Reactions: smackYYZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread