Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
A little over four years ago I acquired the basic level of the Diamon Fusion windshield protection product and applied it to my windshield. It was a relatively easy 2 part installation. Took me about 20 minutes.
First thing I noticed was how easily water shed off the windshield, and the few times I got caught in the rain, rarely did I have to even use the windshield wipers. The product was also advertised to add significant protection from dirt and debris abrasion and pitting, and finally, significant added protection from rock damage.
For four years, I remained totally impressed. The water shedding and protection never lessened. I had had several stones fly up off vehicle tires, etc. hitting my windshield with a loud crack and most times, couldn't even find a scratch mark, let alone anything even coming close to a chip or crack.
Finally, late last summer as I pulled out to pass a concrete truck on the highway, I saw the stone about an inch square sailing squarely towards me... Unfortunately I could not avoid it and it hit squarely against the glass which resulted in a small star which turned into a crack before I got home. We won't discuss here how fast I was going when it hit but suffice to say the crack was not totally unexpected.

Now I have a new OEM windshield and finally found a distributor of this product in Vancouver who has offered to send me a minimum order of 20 units of this product. It is an upgraded Ultra 3 part installation and comes with enough product to do a Class A motorhome windshield, so I am pretty certain I can do nearly every glass on my Vette or if she's nice to me, both my front and rear glass windshield and Brenda's MKX windshield as well.

Now here's the pitch. I can't use 20 units so am putting the feeler out there to see if there is any interest from the membership in this. The cost FOB Red Deer is $95.75 GST included. This is not a money making venture so if anyone is interested, $95.75 and you pay the shipping. For Alberta guys that make it to Red Deer, I can meet you. (as long as we maintain 2 metres social distancing...lol). I'm not sure what will become of the Ponoka Meet and Greet with Covid hanging over us, so can't make delivery promises there at this point.

Just a thought guys. I know there are other water shedding products out there a lot cheaper, but I wanted this product again for its superior pitting and rock protection. The water shedding was a bonus and plus it lasts for years instead of weeks like some of the Rain X type water shedding products. I've attached some testing results if your interested from arm's length tests that were performed.

If you have any interest at all, let me know here or by PM. If not, and if anyone knows locally where I can buy this as a one off product that they will sell and allow me to apply myself, please please let me know.

Edit April 8, 2020... Just advising that the initial order of 20 units have all been spoken for. If there is sufficient interest, I will contact the distributor and order another box but I will need confirmation for 20 units before I order. If interested, PM me and I will put you on the waiting list.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DFI-Impact-Resistance-Test1 (3).pdf
    118 KB · Views: 75
  • Alfred-University_DFI-test-results (1).pdf
    102 KB · Views: 20
  • DF-ULTRA-Windshield-Abrasion-Test-Report_2-0 (2).pdf
    361.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Alfred-University_DFI-test-results (1).pdf
    102 KB · Views: 13
  • University-of-Michigan-study.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
you only do the outside of the windshield, not the inside.

therfore only 1 is needed and not 2

just trying to help for a friend

😈
Dang! ok. I guess I have to do 2 "outside" windshields! Truck windhsield just cracked a month ago. once changed this will be a good addition for extra protection!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
when are you planning on ordering?
When I hit about 17 or so takers I will order. I have to front the money and don't really want to get stuck with only getting half my money back... I will be trusting the guys who commit to follow through when they arrive...

You say it’s easy to do! Lol. Wife wondering if I could make a mess of it lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.