Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Shocking news as this doesn't happen very often. Click the link for the full story:

Customers left in the dark after Toronto car dealership suddenly shuts its doors

Customers, who had already made purchases and were waiting to take home their vehicles, were in shock Wednesday after learning that the popular General Motors dealership in North York had shuttered its doors.

Apparently they were having customers pay for new vehicles, up-front, in full and then closed the doors before they were delivered. Shame.

I feel for anyone who has been caught up in all this.

According to reports GM Canada may be stepping up and helping those that have put deposits get cars elsewhere. I don't know nor do I expect we will ever know the full extent of the damage. With a 9 M secured loan from RBC which they effectively forfeited there maybe little if anything left over for other creditors and customers.

If as they say, It's in receivership lock down, there will be a lock on the door and even customers who have their cars in there for service won't be able to get them until the receivership company moves in and sorts it all out... Very nasty....

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.