This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dealerships selling way too high for used C7?

It may have needed brakes due to sitting outdoors for a long time. Brakes rust up when not used. It's not all that uncommon to see that.

More than anything, it may suggest it wasn't stored indoors, or it was tracked. Has the dealership had it in their inventory for a long time?

Edited to add: It probably was never tracked. A GM Employee family member ordered it and it's not a Z51.

Last edited:
You are correct EJ but it's not advertised as a Z51 either. It's a ZF1 optioned car. Has all the Z51 appearance trim options and will also have the 19F/20R wheels and tires.

It's been inspected near Oct 15 so it's been stored at least 3 months, and I'll ask when they bought it.

Nice touch looking up the serial # and owner btw.

Reactions: 12cents
I don’t know for sure but reading this post I think I would just pass on this one there are a ton of these cars out there and most of them are in excellent condition. If the dealer isn’t trying to go above and beyond when your looking to spend this kind of money on a vette in the off season just think of how they will treat you when they already have your money. When I purchase anything if I don’t get a good feeling I just go somewhere else

My thoughts exactly, however it has everything I want and grey ones and but there are very few compared to other colors. The deal might not go through anyway because they are asking way way too much and my final bid will be the real value. I have to crunch the real value with the options in it. I'm also sending an email this morning t ask if he'll put me in contact with the previous owner(I doubt he will) ans I have to ask the old owner if he was a smoker.

And that would be the reason for your post here if it was an easy decision you would have already made the deal just seems funny to me that the dealer isn’t dumping over themselves to do everything they can to please you. I recently purchased my first C7 vette and I talked to a few different dealers and was always treated good but I never got close to pulling the trigger as I found what I wanted privately from someone I felt I could trust. Enjoy the process and make sure you get what you want don’t worry about disappointing any body else. PS I did pass up a great deal on a different car that I still think about today(2018 stingray nicely loaded 2lt Z51 with full xpel wrap 3500km for 57k but just wasn’t the one I wanted

Enjoy the process it should be fun

Keep in mind that price varies from Province to Province.
Dealers will ask what the Market will bear regardless of if we feel that represents real value or not. You can also ask the Dealership to print a GM VIS report which will give you more info than the Carfax.

They will not give you the contact information for the previous owner as that is a breach of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.

Reactions: Kanuck
As I'm waiting for the guy to reply(vice director of sales) I reread the paperwork and there's a front camera!
? If you're still talking about car with vin 7447 then it's clearly a 1lt with no front camera but do see option code UVC- camera arriere!. Assume Arriere is rear.....lol. you need code UVJ..front curb camera available on 2/3lt...

Reactions: EJChevy
? If you're still talking about car with vin 7447 then it's clearly a 1lt with no front camera but do see option code UVC- camera arriere!. Assume Arriere is rear.....lol. you need code UVJ..front curb camera available on 2/3lt...

Yes that car with vin 7447, If you check the paperwork I posted on the left column it says the code UQT and it is written video recorder on performance and includes front camera and navigation system. Could the owner order that separately or he had to order a 2LT?

That front camera is for the data video recorder. It is mounted top-centre on the windshield. It is not the front curb-view cameras.

Reactions: Tango
Didn't realize PDR was an option on the 1LT either but what do I know. Wonder if they think the little auto headlight sensor on the dash is a camera...lol

So I spoke to the previous owner, while he had the car it was a problem bringing 2 kids to school and it wasn't practical so he bought a camaro. He tried to sell it for a full year and no one wanted to buy it at his asking price of 58K, everyone would offer between 49-52K or said they'd wait for the C8 at 70K. He finally traded it in at this dealer, and he told me to keep it to myself the amount he got. So it's been sitting at the dealer since august. I can't believe the dealer would offer that much for a trade in It's almost the price of a new car. The guy was nice but I just don't know, I'm still going to start a low offer in the range where everyone seems to be.

He said he did have fun in it but wouldn't say if he abused it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread