This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dealerships selling way too high for used C7?

If it''s winter weather and has the stock Mich. PSS tires anywhere on it, he won't be letting you drive it anyway and if he does, he's waaaaayyyyyy to desperate to sell the car...

Reactions: 12cents and EJChevy
I found this website to help me determine the value of a 2017 1LT with 3777 km. Is this reasonable to assume it's worth 44K? I don't want to spend 4 hours on the road(to and from) losing an entire day to drive out there to find out they are selling it way too high and won' budge. No I'm not being cheap but I want to play it right.

I'm curious as to what you guys would pay for this one :

Price checker

Last edited:

They are worth what they sell for. That grey one is like new for mileage. It has some options: Performance NPP exhaust, a must unless you want it to sound like Grandma's car, the Z51 rear spoiler, the red seats... Possibly more if I could read french....A 1LT isn't going to have HUD, front parking camera, and some other higher trim level options, but if that's not important to you......Get them to throw in the extended bumper to bumper warranty for free or at an extremely good price and buy it if you like it.

Since you asked what I would pay for it.... I wouldn't buy it. Not because of the price... Because of the trim level, options and the colour. I would put 11k with it and pay the 70k for a new 3LT with full warranty. But that's just me and many would not agree.

I find myself in the unique position of agreeing entirely with my friend from Red Deer....

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Good point of the exhaust sound, it's a must. A HUD for me seems like a gadget, a front camera other than gauging a sidewalk, hmmm I should be okay.

I found an English version :

**Red GT Leather Seats
**Perfomance Exhaust
**Z51 Stylish Spoiler
**V8 6.2L Engine with manual transmission
**Navigation system
**Backup camera
**Bluetooth connection / Hands-free device
**Aluminium Mags
**Touch screen
**Mounted steering wheels audio controls
**Bose audio system
**Push To Start
**OnStar
**A/C clean system
**Cruise control
**Remote keyless entry
**USB ports
**And much more!

**Carfax report INCLUDED + certified Multi-point inspection
**Excellent condition
**EXCLUSIVE 100% approved credit and $0 cash down Program (easy financing)
**BE APPROVED in 10 minutes / 250 financing plans
**Vehicle available for a LIMITED TIME
**TRANQUILLITÉ DESPRIT Program available / Reconditioned vehicle
**Vehicle Detailed
**Ready for FAST DELIVERY
**WE TAKE ALL TRADE-INS: cars, trucks, ATVS, snowmobiles, motorcycles, boats, RV and more.
**HIGHER VALUE for your trade-in
**DELIVERY EVERYWHERE in Quebec and Canada
**Contact us! More than 500 OTHER CARS, SUV and trucks available.

Other than the first three, all the rest is standard equipment. There are a lot more options on the 3LT than the two I listed, but it sounds like they aren't important to your taste which is fine. I say if they toss in the warranty, buy it. You'll be happy and don't second guess yourself if and when you see a cheaper one somewhere afterwards.... You always will but if you wait for the cheapest, you will be dead before you find it...

Play this video. I posted it here years ago but it never hurts to remind us all of some important things in life and living while we can...

I wish every day that I drive my car that I had front and/or rear cameras....

44k sounds like a Trade in Value. I am almost certain that they would not sell it that low.
Never know though, it is Winter and they might want to deal. I also didn't want to waste time going from Dealership to Dealership going through the same discussion over and over again. I did most of my communication and some negotiation via Email and visited the Dealership that I ultimately ended up making the purchase.

A

Awesome video, I couldn't speak for a minute after that. It literally grabs you by the throat. Talking about warranty, you mean they could sell it as is? I still would have Quebec's consumer protection law that goods has to last a reasonable amount of time but it could be a long wait to go to court.

What's npp? I see that cars on the west coast are cheaper than the east. Then I'm inclined to start my offer at 48K then. Supposedly the interest rate is 6%, pretty steep!!

I called the dealer and spoke to an external service woman. Looks like there were no salemen who wanted to talk on the phone today. She took my info and my questions and someone should call me back.

It will have a 3 year bumper to bumper, a 5 year powertrain, and a 6 year on rust ... That started the day it was delivered to the original owner and what's remaining is transferable to the new owner. The warranty i recommended is the GM Extended Warranty which, if you pick the 7 year platinum (if it's still called that) will extend your bumper to bumper warranty an additional 4 years after the original 3 years runs out.... It's worth about $2,500.00. I would make them throw it in as part of the deal.

Maybe I should start a new thread because I tried to search my next question on goo_gle and didn't get good results :
What would happen let's say if the car breaks down during the warranty period can the repairs be done at a local dealer or do I have to make arrangement to have the car towed to the dealer I bought it from that's a 2 hour drive away?

I called yesterday and waited 13 minutes after the receptionist told me to hold on. I hung up and called a little later. Then the external rep or something took my info and someone would call back. 23 hours later still nothing so once again I phoned the place today, same process of telling a guy who's not in sales my 2-3 questions and someone would call back. I'm beginning to see a trend based on the other 2 dealers and bad experiences.

Last edited:

When I called I asked to talk with a salesman you think I should ask a manager instead? The other thing I have to reserve a visit because they said the car was in storage. I don't want to drive 2 hours to go there and get unprofessional treatment like the other 2 dealers I've visited who tried to con me. Or maybe that's what it takes a live visit and I have to bring a certified check for a down payment.

By the way I found out today a seller proposing a payment plan without telling you the total price is a weasel scam.

Last edited:
A 2017 1LT with the listed options and 3777 km is a decent price at $44,000 ... provided the car has not been in an accident or is a lemon. I would request maintenance records and check for any insurance claims, and I would want to speak with the previous owner as to why he sold a almost new vehicle. Buyer beware.

Reactions: Tango

I have to edit my post a little :

Thanks for the heads up.

I decided to read the reviews and oh my gosh, after reading about 30x 1 star review a lot of people from out of town reserve to see a car and it's not there, it's sold or other horror stories of promises and then cheat. Then they add hidden fees and other irrelevant fees one of them the seller took off with the contract so the buyer couldn't see what he got himself into. So knowing that I'll be cautious.

The seller just called and he'll send me the history by email which is exactly what I want because it'll be on my turf but he told me is the guy traded it in and bought a camaro. Tire are 8/32" and 9/32" and the brake pads are 10mm. Then he said we can talk price but he won't go down much and mumbled something like the margin was 1500$. He's in for a shock of the price I'll offer first, too bad for him if he thinks he'll get close to retail. I have no attachment, the winter is young and there'll be others.

Last edited:
Here's the paper work, looks like it has selective magnetic ride control, is this a bonus in my favor or something that will break down and leave me stranded? Looks like they replaced an electronic module already.

What do you guys think and what other things I should ask the seller or be concerned about? Thanks for all the help.

Not sure why it would have had brake service to the tune of $800 plus.... Especially at 4522 km when the car is being advertised with only 3777 km on it? Did you do a Carfax or whatever they call it in QC to check for accidents, etc.

The warranty on the sheet you posted is the base warranty that came with the car. There is a 7 year Platinum EXTENDED GM warranty available for purchase whenever you buy a new car and it is available for purchase right up until your 3 year bumper to bumper runs out (which is coming up in August) That is the warranty I advised you to get them to include in the deal. It will extend your warranty's until August 2024. It's not something I buy but it would sure be something I would bargain for after they gave me what I thought was their final best price. That would be the deal closer. JMO

Reactions: tyho
With the NPP, transparent roof and mag ride, spoiler, you have about $5,000 in options. Most folks that have the mag ride, like it. I agree with Rruuff, why brake job at 4000 km??? Do more digging into the car's history.

Users who are viewing this thread