This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dealerships selling way too high for used C7?

@frankmp Thanks for the welcome and cat comment, is there a pet thread?

60 K for a new one? So I checked kijiji and autotrader...nope... well just one, a 1LT at 61,330.00

Why would I pay over 70K (with taxes) when I could wait and find a used 2014-2015 for 56K(taxes included) with maybe 30 000km? That's a lot of savings in my pocket.

All, I think, Vettes in Quebec are hibernating now. You'll probably have to wait for Apr/May to get some more activity on Autotrader. Kind of hard to scope out a car at this time of year when it is in storage.
What part of Qc are you from?

True that but sort of like the engine view with the coupe... Maybe wait til they re-design and offer that in the Vert

Both options definitely have their pros and cons. You can't see the engine in your C7, so what's it matter if you can't see it in your C8?

Having the engine visible in the convertible won't happen. Unless they make to roof fold into the front of the car, or to the side there is a big heat shield on top of the engine to protect the roof when it's folded up.

Hi...I went through the same thought process not long ago. After having my 1998 C5 for 15 years I really wanted to upgrade to a C7, but looking at private & dealer used ads the past year, I found that the prices were very high. When I bought my 98 and previously a 78 C3 (both at 6 years old, in mint condition), I got them for half the new price. But C7's seem to be advertised for MUCH higher prices. I looked at a 2017 at a local dealer in July...it was not in the greatest shape, had been in a major accident (although professionally fixed) and they wanted $50K for it. And they got it a few days later from another buyer. So I thought I'd check into getting a new one...I was very lucky that I got an order in just a few days before the cutoff in late July...in the end I paid $8K more for a brand new one - partly because of GM's end of year discount and partly because I discovered that my employer was a preferred GM business partner & I got another discount of about the same on top of that.

I believe that for remaining new stock, GM has upped the discount to $7K. I am so glad that I bought a new one for the first time in my life - if I could have gotten a used one for half the price, for sure I would've gone that route...but not when they're going for 80% of the new price. My son found the same thing when he was looking for a Mustang 5 years ago, and he also wound up with a new one for a very small premium in price.

Good luck!

You can see your engine on some of the C7's EJ

@frankmp Thanks for the welcome and cat comment, is there a pet thread?
60 K for a new one? So I checked kijiji and autotrader...nope... well just one, a 1LT at 61,330.00
Here's two new locally under 60...both 1LT a8's:

If these cars work call and tell them to include shipping.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango
Here's two new locally under 60...both 1LT a8's:

If these cars work call and tell them to include shipping.....

Thanks for the links! I like the color of the grey one, the blue one not too sure.

I did a quick online search of 8 local dealers and all of them are between for a new or used 64K to 118K for a 2017-2019

I was looking for a model more for "show and tell" and "eye candy" than top of the line model for performance. I'd prefer a manual to rev it on occasion, not to be a d_ick but it's fun to hear once in a while. I attended the Italian festival twice and hearing the lambo's and ferrari's rev for the crowd made my heart skip a beat. Ever since the first event I was hooked on getting a sports car and the C7 is exotic enough for me. Getting an automatic will take some pleasure away if I ever want it to rev for a second. Unless someone can suggest way more advantages for an auto or more advantages in performance for a guy who won't do burns or race the ricers around the city I'm all ears.

@LE BARON I prefer not to say exactly where I am but within 2-3 hours drive from you.

Of the 6 sports/muscle cars I've owned the past 40+ years (including 3x Vette's) all were manual except one which I decided to order as an automatic. Regretted it soon after. For me it takes part of the pleasure out it. Our family vehicles are manual also...they're getting harder to find, but will keep trying as long as I can!

Right next door - in a Corvette.
I have the A8 with paddle shift. So I can shift in to manual mode and use the paddles to shift so you can rev the engine to your hearts content but without the third peddle.

Reactions: frankmp
Right next door - in a Corvette.
I have the A8 with paddle shift. So I can shift in to manual mode and use the paddles to shift so you can rev the engine to your hearts content but without the third peddle.

I don't have an automatic but I'm assuming you mean you are shifting into neutral with the paddles and then back into gear?
The DCT in the C8 will rev in any gear. You pull back both paddles to engage neutral while in any gear... Good for the drag strip or revved burnouts if your so inclined as when you release them you're ready to roll.

Nah! I meant that you can run either auto or manual mode. If you are in Auto mode then you have to move the stick to the manual setting before you can use the paddles.

Nah! I meant that you can run either auto or manual mode. If you are in Auto mode then you have to move the stick to the manual setting before you can use the paddles.
Yes. I realize that. I have a Lincoln SUV that operates the same way. What I questioned was how do you rev the engine... You must shift to neutral with the paddles I assume when in manual mode

What about this one? It's 10 thousand dollars over what I had in mind for a used 2014=2015 but it's new and it's a manual and of all the colors grey fits me the most. Although it's new it's has a pretty bland interior.
I don't like black as you don't see the lines
I don't like red, too many of them unless it would be ultra mettalic
And all other colors, nah.

OR go with this one, It's priced as a new car but the interior is exotic enough in style with red dash trim outline, red elbows rests and seats. It's a lot more pleasing to the eyes. I prefer this one a lot more.

Hi...this is very similar to the 2019 C7 I mentioned in an earlier reply, that I ordered late summer & have been enjoying since then. I bought it from Wilson-Niblett...excellent dealer, hadn't dealt with them before but very impressed with their service, price & professionalism. Talk to their senior sales rep Ian Weller if you're interested...he's a great guy. Except for a couple of things, this is the identical car to mine, colour included. Personally I find the black works best on the 1LT package...if you ordered red you'd only get the seats in red. As you go to the more expensive 2 and 3LT packages...they add more & more colour...but never the entire interior. With black it's all nicely matched.

Go with the new one.

Not a fan of the coloured interior. Shows dirt easy...I had one. The new car actually looked grey interior which I'm not a fan of either ...lol......Don't track my cars so the Z51 mag ride is just a toy. These cars handle like they are on rails mag ride or not... The car has either been tracked by one or both of the previous owners or no one wizened up to the track set up camber and caster (thus why the front tires likely had to be replaced).... But at the end of the day, it's not me buying the car and different opinions is what makes life interesting.... Think hard and do what you won't regret later....

Thanks for the heads up! If he changed the front tires then the rear ones will probably need to be replaced soon. Could be potholes, a nail or a piece of glass damaging a tire. Then again it's 2 tires so something might be up.

Do people really go to a track when they buy one of these with upgrades or they just want to feel happier having the highest options. Some people don't care about money, they have plenty of it.

The other issue is they are 6 hours away, I have to commit on the spot to buy or walk away without really driving them. I doubt they'd let me drive in the snow nor do I want to get stuck or crash then it might be impossible to accelerate the used car to see if there's any slop in the suspension or gears and to hear peculiar sounds indicating damage...

Do people really go to a track when they buy one of these with upgrades or they just want to feel happier having the highest options. Some people don't care about money, they have plenty of it.

Yes. I would if I had a bit more cash lying around. Grand Sport or Z06 with Z07 package and the ZR1 aero kit would be a dream for me.

Yeah, no dealership is going to let you drive one in the snow or cold weather. Too much risk. Unless it's been abused, a C7 shouldn't have any slop at all, even if it's been tracked. A visual inspection should be enough to determine whether or not it's been abused. Check the brake rotors. If they're orange where the pad doesn't contact the rotor, it's been tracked (which isn't necessarily a bad thing - the vehicle is built for that). Check the underside of the front splitter/nose for scrapes. If it's gouged, it's gone off track or has been driven hard down rough roads.

Mine is a '09 with 60k km on it when I got it. Everything in it was still tight. The only noticeable difference was when I flushed the transmission fluid, the transmission shifted better.

Users who are viewing this thread