Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
Toronto & GTA Friends-- I was getting my car serviced at Boyer Chevrolet in Pickering. I was making the drive from Thornhill because of Ken Gordon who was the service manager and a diehard Corvette guy. He really looked after the Vette customers and knew his stuff. I called there today to make an appointment and he is apparently no longer working there. :Rage:

Any forum members recommend a good dealer for servicing our cars located in the GTA?

I know there a bunch of non-GM dealer garages with great reputations, but this is not about a good mechanic recommendation. While I'm under warranty, I want GM doing most of my servicing... and I have 3 free oil changes left too....thanks.

I use Wilson Niblet. Speak with Sagi. Had my power steering failure fixed under warranty with them. Big Corvette dealer as you know so plenty of experienced guys. Parts department will discount if you are a Corvette club member.

Reactions: lupo
I use Wilson Niblet. Speak with Sagi. Had my power steering failure fixed under warranty with them. Big Corvette dealer as you know so plenty of experienced guys. Parts department will discount if you are a Corvette club member.
Agree. As a follow up to my post on April 24th, they screwed up my rims when swapping out my Cup 2's to PSS. 3 of the 4 rims had chips in them and even the center caps--which a 10 year old can remove had chips. I was fuming, but they looked after everything and handled the situation very professionally. Rims were sent out and repaired perfectly. Sagi was helpful throughout the process.
In summary, it should never have happened in the first place, particularly at one of the biggest Corvette dealers in Canada. On the flip side, run flats in those dimensions are a nightmare to mount and stuff occasionally happens. What matters when problems arise is how they are dealt with and I have no complaints in that regard. I knew going into the tire swap that damage was a possibility and chose the dealer intentionally knowing if something screwed up they would have my back and they did.

Lastly, for anyone looking to swap out run flats, strongly suggest you do your homework, talk to other Vette owners, and make certain that whomever works on your rims is very experienced. It also takes time to do this particular job properly.

Lastly, for anyone looking to swap out run flats, strongly suggest you do your homework, talk to other Vette owners, and make certain that whomever works on your rims is very experienced. It also takes time to do this particular job properly.

After reading your post @lupo i feel for you. Myself I’ve been lucky at Shaganappi Chev here in Calgary. My car had Nitto invos when I bought it. Shortly after I bought PS2s and had them mounted at Shag. 2 years later,I replace my fronts and again,have Shag install them. I’ve also been fortunate to have the same service tech work on my car from the first time in spring 2015 and my rims have been fine. I always try to thank him as well if I can. I also figure the dealers have changed tires on these cars more than once and maybe the service tech on your car didn’t quite care so much?

Reactions: lupo and ddgermann
After reading your post @lupo i feel for you. Myself I’ve been lucky at Shaganappi Chev here in Calgary. My car had Nitto invos when I bought it. Shortly after I bought PS2s and had them mounted at Shag. 2 years later,I replace my fronts and again,have Shag install them. I’ve also been fortunate to have the same service tech work on my car from the first time in spring 2015 and my rims have been fine. I always try to thank him as well if I can. I also figure the dealers have changed tires on these cars more than once and maybe the service tech on your car didn’t quite care so much?
@MikeysZ06 It's terrific you found a reliable and consistent person to service your Vette, and that you take the time to thank them. Many service workers/techs appreciate that more than most estimate.

With regards to my car, no clue how the tech damaged them. The Service Manager and I were both stunned when looking at the damage, and he went out of way to take me through the shop and show me their Hunter machine and maintenance records for the machine telling me it was less than two years old and in perfect working order and techs were all trained on its use.

My nephew manages a 1010 Tire location and warned me prior about the run flats--Hunter machine or not---they occasionally do get damaged and are a massive PITA to mount.
He said the key to a good job is skill and time: there is no slapping these onto a machine and pressing a button and done. Lesson learned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.