Aug 4, 2020
Brooklin
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette
Province
ON
My car is currently at Nurse Chev for its first oil change and DCT filter change.

I understood that the 2023's had a free DCT filter change. I even printed out a copy of the letter provided by this fantastic forum and gave it to them.

Dealer still says they don't know anything about it and they have to speak to the GM area rep to confirm, This was hours ago.

If it gets to the point that they refuse can anyone here that did have it done recommend the dealer they used please? :Banghead:

My car is currently at Nurse Chev for its first oil change and DCT filter change.

I understood that the 2023's had a free DCT filter change. I even printed out a copy of the letter provided by this fantastic forum and gave it to them.

Dealer still says they don't know anything about it and they have to speak to the GM area rep to confirm, This was hours ago.

If it gets to the point that they refuse can anyone here that did have it done recommend the dealer they used please? :Banghead:
Cullen in St Catharines

Tell them to look the f'n thing up themselves!! Geez Louise! They have access to that document!

I feel your pain, happened to me in 2021. Made my appointment 5-7 days in advance with the Dealership that I can walk to in 12 minutes. Took the car in, they called 6 hours later and said sorry, they have to order the parts. I now drive 25 minutes for service, go for lunch and enjoy some quiet time...

I hear you. My dealership still doesn't know that it's 3 years now for this service and they are not much in cooperation. Like I will end up doing, switch.

I bought both my C8's from Wilson Niblett and their service department was a joke.
I cannot comment on WN service, but my warranty issues where performed on time and correctly.
Even watched the PDR videos and the two or three different techs that drove and worked on the various issues treated my car with respect every time it was moved.

Cash grab, what a joke.

Imagine trying to have tires changed on carbon fiber wheels how many GM dealers could do that, I wouldn't let most touch my aluminum ones

Also about the DCT filter I guess GM won't pay unless car has 12 000 km, I just replaced my Z06 one at 4000 km had to pay which was fine I already had the filter and they only charged 1.5 hours labour

• Wow
Reactions: PapaSmurf
Imagine trying to have tires changed on carbon fiber wheels how many GM dealers could do that, I wouldn't let most touch my aluminum ones

Also about the DCT filter I guess GM won't pay unless car has 12 000 km, I just replaced my Z06 one at 4000 km had to pay which was fine I already had the filter and they only charged 1.5 hours labour
I heard from 10500 kms to 13500 kms, it is free. Also 3 years of time instead of 2. I figure because most of us store it in winter.

I hear you. My dealership still doesn't know that it's 3 years now for this service and they are not much in cooperation. Like I willThe cris
Just an update. The crisis has been averted and they have agreed to do the filter change for free as it should be. I don't think these guys meant any malice. I just don't think they get too many vettes in for service and didn't have any idea there was a complimentary DCT filter change. GM should do a better job communicating these things to the dealers.

Just an update. The crisis has been averted and they have agreed to do the filter change for free as it should be. I don't think these guys meant any malice. I just don't think they get too many vettes in for service and didn't have any idea there was a complimentary DCT filter change. GM should do a better job communicating these things to the dealers.
Happy for you :Woohoo:

Reactions: PapaSmurf