Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
You heard it here second! ;)
The big U.S. dealers have been given their allocation numbers for Feb, March and April and the numbers are significantly higher than November, December & January numbers. If one of the dealers on here reads this can you tell us if your numbers are higher as well?
This should be good news for those expecting a C8 this year. With the week off GM must now be confident that they can go full speed for the next 3 months at least.

Last edited:
There's also lots of chatter about semi-conductor shortages around the world. Nothing directly linked to C8 production from what I've read, but other plants on both sides of the border have been impacted with downtime caused by production out of Asia.

There's also lots of chatter about semi-conductor shortages around the world. Nothing directly linked to C8 production from what I've read, but other plants on both sides of the border have been impacted with downtime caused by production out of Asia.
This was confirmed as NOT a semiconductor issue for the C8.

From GM Authority.com -
“Semiconductor supply for the global auto industry remains fluid,” GM said in a recent statement. “Our supply chain organization is working closely with our supply base to find solutions for our suppliers’ semiconductor requirements and to mitigate impacts on GM. Despite our mitigation efforts, the semiconductor shortage will impact GM production in 2021.”
“We are currently assessing the overall impact, but our focus is to keep producing our most in-demand products – including full-size trucks and SUVS and Corvettes – for our customers,” GM said.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Might as well blame Trump. He put the block on Aluminum from Canada.

The last 2 times there were tariffs on aluminum from Canada, the trucking industry saw a 1.5% increase in this one raw material price alone. A $125K truck I had to buy from work was an extra $1200 for the aluminum alone.

That said, ya win some, ya lose some. During his presidency, the DOW nearly doubled. And with the stalled economy up here in Canada since the cost of the barrel tumbled, the US has been a good market to invest in.

I believe Canada receives less than 10% of the allocations the U.S. receives but still...odd that Canada is receiving less.

We are probably receiving more C8s than vaccines...
With the US prices for such things as the Z51 having gone up while Cdn prices stayed the same as last year, perhaps GM is shifting more cars to the US for greater profits.

With the US prices for such things as the Z51 having gone up while Cdn prices stayed the same as last year, perhaps GM is shifting more cars to the US for greater profits.
I doubt it, but they certainly could reward large dealers with early builds. They do seem to build in lumps for some dealers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.