Damon and Dave are my favourite Youtubers so I will keep this post alive with C8 updates as they blog
Here is a partial recap:
- They purchased a 3LT Torch Red MSRP $102 773
- Car was purchased from Island GM in Duncan B.C (car was filthy and bad customer service)
- They were charged $5000 over MSRP
- Additional fees $ 769 Tire and rim protection
$699 Admin fee
$469 Platinum key and remote exchange
$1495 Carbon Flash spoiler (seems over msrp to me)

Named the car LaCorvette because of LaFerrari

So far they love the car except for the rear view mirror they don't like the camera

Damon and Dave are my favourite Youtubers so I will keep this post alive with C8 updates as they blog
Here is a partial recap:
- Car was purchased from Island GM in Duncan B.C (car was filthy and bad customer service)
$699 Admin fee

So far they love the car except for the rear view mirror they don't like the camera

Couple more days and we should see an after break in vid. Can't wait to see what they do to the car. I'm betting exhaust first...They took it pretty easy on the trip home from Kelowna but that will all change soon. Damon is pretty notorious for driving everything he owns hard.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
I watched that video also, hard to believe the condition that they received their car in. Actually I was in Duncan 2 years ago and have a really good buddy there that I cruised around on Harleys with and I was gonna ask him if he is familiar with the local Chev dealer to see what he says. I will let you know if he had any dealings with this dealership.

Here is a partial recap:
$699 Admin fee

He got raked over the goals. Laird Wheaton in Nanaimo may own this dealership as well? I bought a 2003 C5 (17,000Km) from them - got it home - plenty of defects and they would not pay to get them fixed. Why all the extra charges and $5K over - why did he pay?- did he know about all these extra charges ahead of time? I hope he posted a terrible review of this dealership. NO way I would pay over MSRP - too bad there are dealerships like this because it gives the business a bad name IMHO!!

• Agree
He got raked over the goals. Laird Wheaton in Nanaimo may own this dealership as well? I bought a 2003 C5 (17,000Km) from them - got it home - plenty of defects and they would not pay to get them fixed. Why all the extra charges and $5K over - why did he pay?- did he know about all these extra charges ahead of time? I hope he posted a terrible review of this dealership. NO way I would pay over MSRP - too bad there are dealerships like this because it gives the business a bad name IMHO!!

Some people are willing to pay over MSRP and Damon is one of them. He was willing to pay up to 10k over. Not sure he knew what extras were involved. He just wanted one for his stable. When you own a Ferrari, a McLaren, a Lambo and who knows what else, 10 thousand extra is pocket change. But you are correct. It doesn't say much for the dealership.

Some people are willing to pay over MSRP and Damon is one of them. He was willing to pay up to 10k over. Not sure he knew what extras were involved. He just wanted one for his stable. When you own a Ferrari, a McLaren, a Lambo and who knows what else, 10 thousand extra is pocket change. But you are correct. It doesn't say much for the dealership.
OMG! Okay, he obviously has a lots of mullah and good taste in cars!! : not a lot of days to drives those cars; unless, he winters down south and drives one down? Man life is tough for the poor guy - LOL!! :cool:

OMG! Okay, he obviously has a lots of mullah and good taste in cars!! : not a lot of days to drives those cars; unless, he winters down south and drives one down? Man life is tough for the poor guy - LOL!! :cool:
Their channel is usually based out of California where most of the cars are stored, they have a crazy Ferrari build going on right now with Aaron Kaufman

I don't blame DDE for being unhappy. They agreed to the extra $5K payment but on top of that, they were apparently hit with other charges they weren't told about, plus they didn't get the usual "new car delivery servicing" with the BASIC one being that the dealer presenting them with a clean car.

However and to be fair to the dealer (*as unpopular that may be, given everyone's posts so far on this thread*), it may have its own side to this story such as:

1. DDE insisted on getting the car ASAP so the dealer wasn't given time to clean it up properly. Or perhaps (?) there was a COVID-caused delayed delivery to the dealer and there was a set date for DDE to pick up the vehicle, so shortly after the car arrived at the dealer, DDE's transport arrived to pick it up? But if so, I would have expected the dealer to contact DDE to let them know there was no time to clean it up.

2. the dealer routinely charges for all the extras on DDE's bill, such as the $699 admin fee", the $499 "platinum key and remote exchange", and the $769 "tire and rim protection" and unless the customer says otherwise, those charges are automatically added on? This last one sounds fishy though, if DDE wasn't ever told anything about those charges. I'm not familiar with the "platinum key and remote exchange" but my Web search points me to "First Canadian" (not GM) providing that coverage for lost or damaged key fobs and it seems odd to get that coverage w/o specifically applying for it. As well, I was told by an Alberta Chev dealership that GM did not offer tire/rim coverage for Corvette's run-flats and if not, this would also be an after-market non-OEM warranty and again I'd be surprised it was automatically placed with a vehicle w/o the buyer filling in the appropriate paperwork. When purchasing a new vehicle, I've always had to fill out this type of paperwork for any warranty items beyond the standard manufacturer vehicle warranty.

I note for reviews the dealer (if you put much or any faith in them) show:

-a 4.3/5 rating after 125 reviews on its Facebook page;
-a 4.9/5 rating after 31 reviews on the "DealerRater" page although the last 4 were all 1/5;
-a 2.5/5 rating after only 3 reviews on Yelp;
-a 4.1/5 rating after 338 reviews on "mobials.com" but the last reviews were in 2016;
-no reviews with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and 2 resolved complaints, but hey at least it's registered with the BBB.

I'd be curious to see what "Moepig777" is able to find out about the dealership, but keep in mind it's easy to slag someone or a business, when you're only getting one side of the story.

• Informative
DDE is already vastly different from other YouTubers but yes... the mods will come for sure.

100% agree... biggest problem is they are late to the game. Others have the upper hand in modding before them ie. Streetspeed717 and Emelia Hartford both have TT setups on the go. Streetspeed717 also straightpiped his already and Emelia has added Nitrous to hers. Not sure what Stradman has planned for his aside from the Barney wrap job.

100% agree... biggest problem is they are late to the game. Others have the upper hand in modding before them ie. Streetspeed717 and Emelia Hartford both have TT setups on the go. Streetspeed717 also straightpiped his already and Emelia has added Nitrous to hers. Not sure what Stradman has planned for his aside from the Barney wrap job.
I agree with Rruffy on this one their following is much different I don't see that as a problem , the others are more mod then hooligan s**t that DDE does with other supercars not domestic as much.By far the only Youtubers I watch consistently Go Canada Go!

Wellhere's the latest on Damon's C8. We knew it wouldn't be long until the mods started. A 10 k Titanium exhaust in this edition... What really surprised me was taking the sawsall to body parts.... lol.... Car sounds good though.

I stopped watching DDE and unsubscribed after the episode where he deliberately tore the Thule box attached to the roof off at 150mph. Damaged the roof and broke the spoiler. It was the action of someone with too much time and money. I was taught as a child that respecting the things we own was a sign of self respect and decency.

Reactions: MikesRapidZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread