May 15, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 coupe
If anyone is interested I posted a boatload of awesome car pics from the Davenport open house in the media albums under said event all under Nik's name. There were some amazing cars. Thanks for setting up the album Nik after we figured out the Samsung bug. Much appreciated! Enjoy everyone!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Tinman some great pictures which leads to a couple of questions.

What are the thoughts on the raised white letters on the black Z06? Gotta tell you I really like them, think they look pretty good without being over the top.

Why have I seen that blue van before and where I have seen it? On here? What is all the plumbing on the roof?

Yeah the external plumbing was all for show. As for the letters, I am a truck driver from wayyy back and would sit on the ground for hours with a paint pen doing the letters on 6 tires. So I'm biased. It looked sexy as hell!

Yeah the external plumbing was all for show. As for the letters, I am a truck driver from wayyy back and would sit on the ground for hours with a paint pen doing the letters on 6 tires. So I'm biased. It looked sexy as hell!
And actually?.....I liked it enough to do my own motorcycle tires back in the day hahaha....
1929045_64216831394_3607880_n-1.jpg

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I also like the look.... My first set with white raised letters were T/A Radials back about 40 years ago...lol.... Was sorry to see them fall out of favor... I think we should bring them back.... :thumbs:

Reactions: Tinman
Tinman some great pictures which leads to a couple of questions.

What are the thoughts on the raised white letters on the black Z06? Gotta tell you I really like them, think they look pretty good without being over the top.

Why have I seen that blue van before and where I have seen it? On here? What is all the plumbing on the roof?

Different strokes for different folks. White lettered tires were a thing back in the day, but to me they have no place on a modern car with no chrome.

You may have seen that van from a gallery I posted about this time last year of the annual Firebird show in Calgary. I took pictures of that van and talked to the owner about it for a while because it is quite a bizarre build. The plumbing is for a turbocharger and intercooler that sit on the roof. He put it up there because the engine is mid-mounted inside the van and the turbo couldn't cool, and is loud as hell inside the cabin. By moving it to the roof, he solved the noise and cooling issues at the same time, and made something that makes people look at it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well I knew I had seen it and pretty sure it was on here so thank you for the explanation of the mechanical side of the van.

Still like the raised white letters on the tires on that Z06. To me it is the absence of chrome or bling that make it work, just a little add on that is not overwhelming.

Thanks again for the van info.:thumbs:

Murray

Reactions: Tinman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread