Aug 25, 2015
Edmonton, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray Z51
Province
AB
Does anyone know if Data recorder can be added on to existing cars? I have a 2LT. But I did not get the Data and Gps option. Is there any way a person can get this option added on now. Or has anyone heard of it being done.
Thanks for any replies.
Ken

Yes but you need to add onto and upgrade the entire factory A/V unit Ken. This includes a number of added modules and camera install. It is a very expensive PITA. Some guys asked about getting used ones from a wrecker and were told... negative, as the main unit is assigned a VIN number and is locked for swapping to other cars. Security feature i suppose.

You might prefer something like this. Word is the cameras are better than the factory PDR which is 720P. Most of the good aftermarket set ups are at least 1080P and way...way cheaper than upgrading the factory unit and adding the camera. These plug in to your OBD port and in many ways are superior to the factory system. Plus you can add more than 1 camera and most will stream live so you can just go to your computer and look at the overlayed video and have all and much more available data than the factory system Cosworth toolbox to look at and mess with.

This one is sweet:
Real-time telemetry for motorsports | Autosport Labs

Very good deal on this one:
Garmin VIRB XE Auto Racing Bundle GPS Action Camera w/ G-Metrix 010-01363-40 | eBay

Anyway there are some good options out there for you. These are just a couple.

good luck..

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.