vtknight

Casual User
Wish me a Happy Birthday
Nov 10, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Hi everyone,

Before I get started please note I used the average torque number as we were slipping on the dyno so due to the way the roots style SC pulls from down low it was hard to get a consistent number - lowest was 720 - highest 768. So I used 740 WTQ. Dyno pics to come...

So onto the test results...

Well I am happy to say that my track testing went well.

DA opened up at +2000 and our prep wasn't top notch. I wasn't looking for ET as I only had my PS2's because MT would not replace my ET Streets until they found a solution to the problem many of us were suffering from. Adding that it's manual so I just wanted to see what it would trap. That was all I needed to know.

Not interestingly my best trap speed was found before DA got as bad as 2700+. Average 60 foot was 2.3 - my cars best was ~2.1 (2.067). A great gear banger - LS7Bud (Damien) gave my car a try but the clutch was overheated and slipping by that time. He was able to guide an A8 with the same mods to a 10.8 at 134 MPH with a 1.9 60 foot (my Builders car was on even worse Super Sports lol). Temps were at 31C - track was much hotter.

Rear aero was on minus the clear wicker bill (there's two sides tape that has to be removed to fully take it off which we didn't want to do). So we lost probably 1-2 MPH right there.

My car managed to hit ~135 MPH and with these conditions - and as consistent as it was - I am very happy with that result and the car. We picked up 30 MPH in the big end.

With better air and less aero I believe the car is 136-138 MPH all day. Simple 60 foot math says that with my 11.07 ET with a 2.1 60 foot (performed by another gear banger Shawn) even with a 1.6x 60 foot will give me a 10.0-10.2 ET's. I believe the cars can touch 9's at nearly 140 MPH with mega air/DA in the fall and of course with a real tire with a gear banger like Damien. Not too bad for bolt ons only - no aftermarket cam.

What makes the MPH we got - I believe even more impressive - was that I was in Sport mode. Not PTM 3 - just Sport mode with full traction control and stabilitrack in full effect. In Track mode we could not even get traction in 3rd lol. As I said - prep wasn't fantastic - beyond the Cup 2 tires.

What was most important was the consistency of the car. Alky Meth is the answer everyone. This car needs it - especially being overspun.

Pics of slips coming shortly - a few videos as well - as ugly as they are lol.

Huge thanks to my Builder Manny Dasilva from Dasilva Motorsports and his awesome Tuner - Dave Rempel - for putting it on the line with much less than optimal conditions (and tires).

Next is road course testing - I will go back in the fall with a tire to see what we can do.

Cheers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.