Objects in the mirror just keep getting smaller
Casual User
Jan 15, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5 Z06
Province
AB
I am in the market for a dashcam...so asking for best suggestions for which dashcams you use and where would the best placement/mounting be for optimal recording in a c5 Z06?

I've got a Blackvue and it's quality is top notch. I have it mounted directly behind the rear view mirror and you can tap power from the mirror harness so that you don't have any cords hanging around. It captures audio pretty good as well, but can get pretty noisy and distorted with the roof off. Doesn't help that my car is insanely loud....... :WillyNilly:

Blackvue Test
Highway 2

I've got a Blackvue and it's quality is top notch. I have it mounted directly behind the rear view mirror and you can tap power from the mirror harness so that you don't have any cords hanging around. It captures audio pretty good as well, but can get pretty noisy and distorted with the roof off. Doesn't help that my car is insanely loud....... :WillyNilly:

Blackvue Test
Highway 2
That is great quality... what model of Blackvue is that? Did you purchase online or at a box store?

That is great quality... what model of Blackvue is that? Did you purchase online or at a box store?
Mine is an older model that's no longer available. I've had it for several years. This is the model that has replaced mine as far as features go:

BlackVue DR900X-1CH

It's pretty much identical, except it's 4K and mine is only 1080P.

• Love
Reactions: Rescuerob
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.