ArielleLaPierre

Casual User
Jan 11, 2021
Norway
VetteCoins
Hi,

In my 73 I have a dashboard that is in pretty rough condition. The dashboard is flaking. Has anybody else had this issue? I want to restore it a would preferably not want to buy a new dashboard. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank you in advance.

I’ve never myself seen a dashboard flake….. unless…… it has been sprayed with interior dye and it started to flake off years later.

Photos would, as stated above, definitely help here, but it sounds like a spray dye re do issue.

Hi,

In my 73 I have a dashboard that is in pretty rough condition. The dashboard is flaking. Has anybody else had this issue? I want to restore it a would preferably not want to buy a new dashboard. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank you in advance.
Hi...I never had an issue with my C3 back when I had it for many years, but I had 2 other cars that had dashboard issues and had a dashboard cap installed on top of the original. They make them to fit and look like the original dashes...I went to the shop that does interior work for us, and they installed and in one case painted the new cap to match (the other was black so didn't need painting). Looked like brand new when they were done, and not terribly expensive.

As you can see the paint is flaking off.

IMG-3320.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3321.jpg
    IMG-3321.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-3323.jpg
    IMG-3323.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Looks like it was not prepped properly before a spray dye was used. You could remove the dash pad, clean to remove the old dye or as state above buy a cover, trim to fit and be done with it. New replacement dash pads are expensive. They also have carpet, faux suede pad coves as well as an alternative.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.