Aeroguy

Casual User
Jul 10, 2018
VetteCoins
93 coupe. All dash lights around the speedo are out. One radio light is out but the rest of that area work fine on the dimmer. Cluster fuse is fine. Can't imagine all those lights are pooched. Looking for ideas.

Had issue with cluster turning off at times.
Removed cluster, unplugged and cleaned contacts With pencil eraser. Just removed oxidization.
came back on brighter than ever and has worked ever since.

Could be your dash power supply. Thats what blew on mine. I took it apatt and a few resistors broke open and leaked. I bought a new power supply from batee.com and all good now.

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
Thanks for the pointers guys. Turns out it was just the contacts. Used contact cleaner, may regret not spending more time on the contacts.
Would not start after all the messing around. Thought I may have messed up some wires when the steering wheel had to be lowered. Spent a lot of time on youtube, no joy. Had found a rusty Viper security system fob stuck under the seat a year ago. Started taking that tack. Turned out that I was not operating that correctly, push once then push and hold till the security light goes out. Likely resets itself when the battery is unplugged. Anyway, haven't missed very many driving days. Hoping cruises can still happen sometime this summer.
Put on new wheels, repaired a headlight motor and resurfaced the spare targa top so making use of the shutin time.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.