Jan 4, 2016
milton, on
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Grand Sport
Province
ON
Hi All, please excuse me if this has been discussed before, a friend has a 2013 that is out of warranty.
The surface of his dash has begun to bubble.
Is there a fix that the General supports? Is this a common problem with C6 cars? What is the best/cheapest way to get this repaired?
Thanks for your help!!

This is a pretty common issue. Lots of threads on this on a different forum. I'm not allowed to post a link here but it should only take you 30 seconds to find it over there.
3 years ago dealers/GM in the US were eating half the $2500 USD dash replacement cost but it's very unlikely your pal will get this now.
One guy had a very clever idea. He waited till he did a windshield replacement and had an upholstery shop guy come in to the glass shop and re-glue the leather from the front after the windshield was removed. Once done...they put in the new windshield. Said it was totally fixed and cost him only $300.

So there is a way to fix this very common issue without dropping $1000s

D

Is this caused by blistering hot sun or just happen on its own? Our car is always garaged and have the windows down if parked out in the heat. No problem with our 2005 so far.

This did not happen on my black 13Z either but the stuff I read about this problem has the cars stored in the garage and not left in the sun. So happening in it's own according to them. This is the internet so "everything is true" right... ok bad joke. One thing for sure is that it happened to many C6s.

If it hasn't happened to your car yet Keith it likely will not occur any time soon with the way you look after it. :thumbs:

FB7EAD3B-79A9-47AC-A72E-56CD40D76863.png
Here’s a pic of what it looks like. This isn’t pretty.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
mine had a few areas near the windshield, after reading the "other forum" and seeing about the problem i decided to try to fix it myself so i used my heat gun to warm the dash then got a syringe and used it to inject some crazy glue in the areas, held it down for a few minutes then put some weight on it for the rest of the day. ...that was 2 years ago and it's still holding. This has been a problem for a lot of C6's since the beginning and GM knows about it, i'm really surprised they didn't bother to address the problem in the last years of production, all they had to due is use different glue!

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
mine had a few areas near the windshield, after reading the "other forum" and seeing about the problem i decided to try to fix it myself so i used my heat gun to warm the dash then got a syringe and used it to inject some crazy glue in the areas, held it down for a few minutes then put some weight on it for the rest of the day. ...that was 2 years ago and it's still holding. This has been a problem for a lot of C6's since the beginning and GM knows about it, i'm really surprised they didn't bother to address the problem in the last years of production, all they had to due is use different glue!

Another clever solution. Good one

Mine bubbled. It’s 2016. Luckily it’s still covered by the warranty. Not only did it bubble, it separated from what ever it’s glued to at the defrost vent near the windshield. They are replacing the entire dash. I hope they have fixed the issue with the replacement.

Live your dreams not your fears...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.