Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Z06
Province
ON
My WHITE 2020 Z51 3Lt has full PPF on the entire car.
after a while I have noticed small black dirt at the seams of the PPF in several spots on the car.
Because the car is white they are noticeable.
any ideas how I can “clean” them off.
I know it is a first world problem, but I would like to remove the Dark marks.

Qtips with soap and water worked and my Iridium silver car but white will likely always sow some dirt. Where is the seam showing dirt? I think my only obvious seams are on the mirrors but I actually don't look closely.

My WHITE 2020 Z51 3Lt has full PPF on the entire car.
after a while I have noticed small black dirt at the seams of the PPF in several spots on the car.
Because the car is white they are noticeable.
any ideas how I can “clean” them off.
I know it is a first world problem, but I would like to remove the Dark marks.
You have to live with it. I have a 2015 white C7. Same thing happened. I tried pressure washing and all that happened was the water worked its way under the seam. Enjoy the car and don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm not sure w/o looking at your PPF job...but perhaps the problem is they failed to wrap the seam edges underneath the car or otherwise out-of-sight (ie. underneath the mirrors). On a white car, that may be critical to avoid what you're describing. Is that possible??
And yes, I think E-TownC8 is correct and your best bet is to talk to whomever did your PPF. Perhaps they've done other white vehicles and had to solve a similar problem? And if your shop comes up empty-handed, consider asking another reputable PPF shop. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Red Devil and Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread