pd64

Casual User
Aug 14, 2018
Alberta Canada
VetteCoins
Car
C3
Looking to have 2.5” dual exhaust installed from stock manifold to Flowmaster 50’s that I have.
Was quoted around $1400 for the pipe material and labour. Seems a bit high to me I was thinking more around $1k. Just wondering if anyone has had work done in the last few years and what they paid. Thanks

Hey pd64,

I had an exhaust done on mine at Shawnee Automotive (use to be called minute muffler shawnee). I had a custom dual 2.5” installed with an H pipe but supplied magnaflo mufflers and some vibrant resonators. I had it done in 4 stages and I think it cost around $1000, maybe a little more however I kept making them rip out sections they had done already due to custom parts I was installing. I’d definitly give them a call to get an idea for pricing. They have very honest and trustworthy owners. They also do amazing allignments (if you need one).

Just to update this thread I had this work done at Minute Muffler on 17th Ave SE & 52nd St. They were recommended by Western Corvette.
Nice job and reasonable price. Great attention to detail. The Flowmaster Delta 50’s are on the mellow side and that’s what I was wanting.

Attachments

• EEFCDB4C-2CE4-49AF-9CA0-9EDBA0C50D2F.jpeg
    EEFCDB4C-2CE4-49AF-9CA0-9EDBA0C50D2F.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 94CC350B-4087-4980-90EA-04A5A227C5FA.jpeg
    94CC350B-4087-4980-90EA-04A5A227C5FA.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 42
Just to update this thread I had this work done at Minute Muffler on 17th Ave SE & 52nd St. They were recommended by Western Corvette.
Nice job and reasonable price. Great attention to detail. The Flowmaster Delta 50’s are on the mellow side and that’s what I was wanting.
Did you just replace the mufflers? Is the rest of your system stock? Year/Engine? Any drone? Thanks!

Is there any Drone?? I want louder than stock, old muscle car type sounds, not too loud and definetley NO drone! Thanks!! Jim
No no drone at all and a bit louder than stock. As they break in they are sounding better. The 50’s are probably want you’d want from Flowmaster. I also had them add a crossover which also mellows it out a bit more.
ETA: I see you have a C6 this is on a 1976 C3 so probably a completely different application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Messner
No no drone at all and a bit louder than stock. As they break in they are sounding better. The 50’s are probably want you’d want from Flowmaster. I also had them add a crossover which also mellows it out a bit more.
ETA: I see you have a C6 this is on a 1976 C3 so probably a completely different application.
Thanks - just trying to figure out what to change mufflers (only) too and where to get it done at. :)

Reactions: pd64
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.