This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

cup cars tonight.

Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
sprint unlimited, formerly the budwiser shootout, tonight at 8:00. 75 laps 3 segments to kick off speed week. arca race this afternoon as well. plenty of action at volusia too, my buddy is there with nick hoffman's team.

First time in years that I won't be there .I love that race it's short ,under lights and if any race was ever classified as "Pretty" that would be it .Tony is back and looks trim and fit .Danica will be running but according to Mr.Petty she will never win a race .

That'll be good to watch -- practicing this afternoon too.

But what about the snow and cold? Oh that's right: Florida was the only state that didn't get snow.....

Should be a fun week at Daytona......Would love to see that myself.

Colin.

good race, lots of excitement, even the pace car caught fire......and montoya wasn't even there !!!

--- Shame the p/c burned up -- it was in the running to win the race.

Exciting and lots of 'activity' (ie crashes) .. nobody hurt thankfully -- Pity Danica got nailed, which looked to be avoidable to me,

It's amazing how close they tailgate each other. Absolutely no room for error, and there were some 'errors' in the race.

A good watch and preamble to the big one next Sunday.

C.

Getting cable for a few months on Tuesday so I hope to get some car action! Sounds like it was an exciting race!..... Is Bill Elliot still racing?

I hope when Danica wins a race Kyle and Richard will shut the %%%%% up!!

Never forgiven those two after their extremely poor treatment of the late Tim Richmond when he tried to make his come back.

Kyle especially should say nothing about anyone else's performance.

Did find it interesting that Patrick was rear ended last night by Stenhouse.

the way things were going, the pace car could have won by attrition. i don't think the 17 could have avoided patrick i believe stenhouse had neither brakes nor steering after the hard contact initially with the 41,24, and 14. also the front end damage to the 17 would have severely restricted his vision. with the change to the spoiler this season the drivers are learning to get a handle on the "side draft" issue. evidently when the slipstream is broken, the other car can instantly lose 5 mph. makes for some tense moments for the guys behind.

Getting cable for a few months on Tuesday so I hope to get some car action! Sounds like it was an exciting race!..... Is Bill Elliot still racing?

"awesome bill" is mainly focusing on his son chase's career. chase ran the arca race yesterday and will run the truck and nationwide next week. nascar mandated that some of the lesser experienced drivers run arca at daytona before running in the higher classes at daytona. bill is grooming chase for a cup career much like richard childress is with his grandsons.

I think Ricky slept in the other room last night.
It seemed to me once he got free of the 14/24 combo he hit the throttle.?
I don't think his vision was affected until after he sideswiped Danica. She was still spinning when he hit her.
The cars run close together now...
I love this stuff. Today we're setting up the basement for our annual Daytona party next Sunday.. Big screen is ready, cover put on the pool table and the slot car track is set-up already.

Graham go fast - turn left

Thanx for the comments. We have the Corvette club and other race friends over... some good food + good friends = Great time.
We usually do this for a couple of the nite races as well.
We have prize give-a-ways too....usually NASCAR or Corvette related.
Call me if you're coming!!!!
Graham. ..... Go fast - turn left.

Users who are viewing this thread