With the demise of the manual transmission in the C8, is anyone considering adding a CT5-V Blackwing (or CT4-V Blackwing for that matter) to their stable to get their high with a manual trans? I have considered it…. The C8 is amazing but sometimes I just want to inefficiently row the gears myself.
Keeping my 2019 C7 M7 ... but if I were replacing it the manual Blackwing or as others have suggested a Camaro (haven't had one since my 78, but after 3 Vette's always an option).

Keeping my 2019 C7 M7 ... but if I were replacing it the manual Blackwing or as others have suggested a Camaro (haven't had one since my 78, but after 3 Vette's always an option).
Good luck trying to buy the new CT5-V manual. My dealer says they will be hard to get in Canada - accounted for already - only a few will be sold in Canada. Looks like a great car from what I have read. No manuals for me. Had them - brutal driving around Vancouver with our awful traffic and lack of infrastructure to accommodate the growing population and more cars on the road.

I'm going to keep the old C4 6sp manual. As for the CTSV, the chief designer, in an interview on Jay Lenos Garage, indicated that they had over 50% of orders wanting the manual. You never know ,Porsche dropped the manual for a couple of years. but demand brought it back.

Reactions: vintageracer
It was easier to get a C8 allocation than it was to get a CT5 Blackwing allocation. I couldn’t even get on a list. The CT4 Blackwing was another story, but it’s not for me. I would have loved to get my hands on CT5 Blackwing.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
Asked for one when my dealer ordered 3 of them 6 months ago. A while later they found out even being a large Cadillac
dealer they were getting none! I found another dealer that was getting one, but it was long since sold.
This car might be as hard to get as the ZR1 in 2019 with only 131 that made it to Canada.

I miss my 2017 couple M7 and would love to buy a Blackwing. Unfortunately, as noted above, availability for 2022 is almost non-existent.
Where do you live? Awesome car - great color combo. GS is my favorite model. I was in to my dealer to see about when I can place my C8 order - talked about the CTS V-5 manual - huge list - does not think many will get one. Gets calls almost every day on this car.

The Ottawa area is home. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret buying the 2019 GS vert A8 and it is a joy to drive in nice weather. This morning I took my 15 year old granddaughter to her first day at a new school, top down, exhaust on Sport. You know the other kids were drooling.

But I sorely miss the 2017 Stingray M7 driving feel. Rowing the gears is entirely subjective as to feel and control. The M7 car obliges me to select the right gear for the conditions I am in at that moment in time - I have control and if I don't do it right the engine will give me feedback. Winter driving in snowy conditions was also better/easier with the M7. I still have a 1979 MGB M4 to feed my need for shifting, it is just totally anemic compared to the 460 hp Vette :) .

I sure hope Cadillac will assess the demand for the CT5 Blackwing and increase production for the 2023 model year. The CT5-V is a nice car but IMO does not cut it in terms of potential driving joy - and no manual tranny.

The Ottawa area is home. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret buying the 2019 GS vert A8 and it is a joy to drive in nice weather. This morning I took my 15 year old granddaughter to her first day at a new school, top down, exhaust on Sport. You know the other kids were drooling.

But I sorely miss the 2017 Stingray M7 driving feel. Rowing the gears is entirely subjective as to feel and control. The M7 car obliges me to select the right gear for the conditions I am in at that moment in time - I have control and if I don't do it right the engine will give me feedback. Winter driving in snowy conditions was also better/easier with the M7. I still have a 1979 MGB M4 to feed my need for shifting, it is just totally anemic compared to the 460 hp Vette :) .

I sure hope Cadillac will assess the demand for the CT5 Blackwing and increase production for the 2023 model year. The CT5-V is a nice car but IMO does not cut it in terms of potential driving joy - and no manual tranny.
Yes. Ottawa area. I Googled it. Hey I use to have a 2007 Shelby GT500- bought new - changed the exhaust to MAC 4 " dual exhaust and added Shelby suspension kit to make easier to handle in curves and yes lowered it. What beast and the exhaust note was crazy. The clutch was a monster; but, I know what you mean about getting revs and shift points synchronized. After a while you just feel and understand by engine revs when yo hit the shift perfectly - do, I get it. Driving the GS in the winter? Snows I guess eh?

Last edited:
Re winter driving - same Michelin snows as I had on the Stingray coupe but with spacers on each wheel of the GS to clear calipers. The narrower tires from the Stingray give a better grip. The car is amazing in light snow but would never trust it in a heavy snowfall or a long winter drive.

That GT500 would have been a wonderful beast.

Re winter driving - same Michelin snows as I had on the Stingray coupe but with spacers on each wheel of the GS to clear calipers. The narrower tires from the Stingray give a better grip. The car is amazing in light snow but would never trust it in a heavy snowfall or a long winter drive.

That GT500 would have been a wonderful beast.
Yes, a real monster. Lots of torgue. You heard her roar big time. Kept her for six years. 5.4 SC - basically 500/500 H/T. Convertible. Black on black . Boys and their toys eh? My wife will not be happy when I get my C8 HTC - may have to move to Ottawa - LOL. Very seldom get snow here - not far from ocean - just rain.

Such a bad ass car. Manual is the box to check given that 6 speeds are going the way to the dodo. If I had to buy a 4 door car, it would either be this or an E63S. Nothing else inspires me other than those 2 options.
I have an E63AMG- beautiful car- but considering trading it for the Blackwing if I could ever get one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread