Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
I noticed that the last trip to Golden I noticed the cruise and speedo weren't matching up and usually 1km out. I never had this happen before and don't know if a battery disconnect may correct it or if its a dealer issue. It used to match up perfectly before. Anyone have this issue?

I have noticed some discrepancy at times but that is usually when going up a hill or something demanding a bit more power. Then it comes back in line on the flats.
Don't think I would worry about 1K
Another discrepancy I noticed when using a GPS is that there is usually a discrepancy between it and the car speedo.
Haven't checked it out in the Vette

My better half's idea of "cruise control" is something still in progress … as you witnessed on the Golden Experience…
(she was cruising , in control ... at xxx kph :Wideyed:)

May I suggest trying a run with settings at Imperial as the MPH may be bang-on
where the smaller increment of KPH has that 1 value rounding fluctuation … and that would be in the programming of the system

It seems I may have seen that same fluctuation of 1 kph toward Winnipeg this Summer …
which if consistent with other cars, would be acceptable to me (but that's me).

also with onstar or on the destination when you are travelling it sometimes depending on the program tells you your mph and it was always 1 or 2 mph out but if on cruise control it varied with the speedo neat to watch but scary it could tell you the mph

what about glimpse

My better half's idea of "cruise control" is something still in progress … as you witnessed on the Golden Experience…
(she was cruising , in control ... at xxx kph :Wideyed:)

May I suggest trying a run with settings at Imperial as the MPH may be bang-on
where the smaller increment of KPH has that 1 value rounding fluctuation … and that would be in the programming of the system

It seems I may have seen that same fluctuation of 1 kph toward Winnipeg this Summer …
which if consistent with other cars, would be acceptable to me (but that's me).
During the Golden trip a Sterling Silver went by so fast I didn't see the blur.

Reactions: YFCvii
Mine does the same all the time. It does what LeBaron says as well depending upon the grade on the road and the power load on the engine. I don't worry about it being out 1kmh. I WOULD be worried it was 3-5 constantly.

Rockitman lets face it this car is just too big a source of aggravation to you, life is too short. I will have a flat bed pick it up this afternoon (just give the driver the ownership) and you can send me a thank you note later (or not!).

I have noticed this from time to time in my truck, in fact a bigger variance, but cannot say if it happens with the Corvette. Will have to look. Would be interested in what the dealer would say about it. I guess in the old analog gauge system you would have never noticed it.

Reactions: turbozig
I noticed that the last trip to Golden I noticed the cruise and speedo weren't matching up and usually 1km out. I never had this happen before and don't know if a battery disconnect may correct it or if its a dealer issue. It used to match up perfectly before. Anyone have this issue?

Rockitman lets face it this car is just too big a source of aggravation to you, life is too short. I will have a flat bed pick it up this afternoon (just give the driver the ownership) and you can send me a thank you note later (or not!).

I have noticed this from time to time in my truck, in fact a bigger variance, but cannot say if it happens with the Corvette. Will have to look. Would be interested in what the dealer would say about it. I guess in the old analog gauge system you would have never noticed it.

Maybe it's me but I'm not positive what the concern here is... 1 kph variance? Am I missing the importance of the speedo/cruise syncronization tolerance really having to be less than 1% at cruising speeds? Can't believe a dealer wouldn't laugh when that was presented for warranty work ... jmho... ;)

Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.