64 Ray

64 RAY
Casual User
Mar 10, 2016
London
VetteCoins
Car
1964 Roadster
The second annual “Crown Vettes” show will be held on Sunday August 13th, 2017 at the Lambeth Legion, 7097 Kilbourne Rd, London, from 8 am to 2 pm (draws held at 1 pm). The Lambeth Legion offers both pavement and tree lined grass parking. The Legion is located just minutes north of the 401 and 402...straight north on Colonel Talbot Road to Kilbourne Rd. We had 138 cars attend our first Crown Vettes show last year, and we are going to build on this very successful turnout this year.

On the weekend of our show, the London area has two other car related events happening. On Saturday, the Bothwell “Old Autos” show happens during the day, and then just after dinner, the crowd heads to Hartman’s East London Timing Association (ELTA) street bash on Nightingale Street in London (check ‘em out on Google – ELTA focus on true muscle cars with drag strip abilities). So shoot over to London on Saturday, catch Old Auto’s in Bothwell during the day and Hartman’s in London after dinner. Sleep over at one of our local hotels, and come on out to the Legion for our Crown Vettes breakfast and show! The excursion would be like a mini-vacation!

Please note, the Legion building will be open, offering indoor washrooms, and two air conditioned floors to seek shelter from the heat and/or rain (heaven forbid). There is also a large outdoor covered patio from which you can view the sea of Corvettes parked just beyond.

The Legion ladies are once again selling breakfast (8 - 10 am). They will also fire up the BBQ at 11 am, and will be selling hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and fries. The bar will open at noon (till 2 pm). Proceeds from food and bar sales go directly to the Legion.

There will be a "People's Choice" award with a trophy for the “chosen” car in each generation of Corvette. This is purely a subjective and fun award, based on what "tickles the fancy" of the lay judges. No tire treads need be cleaned! Quad C points will only be awarded for attending.

We will have several draws with these proceeds going to the War Amps.

We have done away with "pre-registration”. Entry at the gate is $20 cdn per car. This event will go, rain or shine. If it rains, the cars get wet, but the people stay dry, thanks to the two air conditioned halls and covered patio. We’ll simply dry the cars off once the rain passes.

Additional access to our flyer and map can be viewed on our club website at www.corvetteswo.com. Check out the awesome photos from last year.

C'mon out and let's have a Corvette party!

Thank you for considering us for your next Corvette experience.

64 Ray
Crown Vettes
Corvettes of Western Ontario

Hey thar Black 03 Z06. Thanks for the comment. I apologize for listing this show information in the general Forum area, but couldn't for the life of me, find the required "Navigation > Events" to open the Calendar to post it there which then dumps it into the Events Forum? Then I found another posting that had a hot key in the text to the Calendar and was able to do so. So, I gotta ask ya, Sir...please tell me your thread about the Ontario Gov't imposing a tax on horsepower over 350 was an April Fool's joke...Pleeease tell me! I just ordered a 2017 Grand Sport to be a partner to our '64.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well the government back tracked on the 350 horsepower with the exception of 2017 Grand Sports.:Biggrin:

It was indeed an April Fools story but this is Ontario and you never know. Nobody picked up on the "joint" announcement that took a long time to work into the BS story!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.