Regular
May 15, 2016
Lloydminster, SK.
VetteCoins
Car
1999 Magnetic Red C5
Province
SK
Well unfortunately the wife and I couldn't make the show at Pike Lake yesterday, but we had a very late night Saturday and got a late start to the morning. Anyhow, an interesting note to my story....when I was a young man I lived in Saskatoon, and grew up, a small town kid, just a few miles south and my friends and I used to come up to Stoon every Friday and Saturday night during the summer, or as much as gas money allowed to cruise 8th Street, and long story, somewhat shorter, I met my wife, a city girl, cruising 8th street 25 years ago and we spent this past Saturday doing the same thing, and much to our surprise, this tradition is very alive and well. We saw several cars of interest, both old and newer, American and foreign.....it was a blast for us both!!!
One car that stuck out to us both was a blue C5 Z06 that sounded like a giant air compressor, Lol. We could hear this thing for two or three blocks, and it sounded crazy powerful. Is the owner on here, or does anyone from Stoon area know which car I'm talking about?
It was great to be back and doing the thing that brought us together 25 years ago! We both still love Saskatoon.

Hahaha. The GS stripes are better for conversation than hp unfortunately. :D

Funny that you would point that car out Dub! I don't know who owns it and they aren't on the forum but I've definitely heard that car. I'm not sure why the car makes such a loud hissing sound when cruising.

I doubt you'll be able to make it but I'll definitely be out on Thursday the 23rd with a few forum people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.