May 19, 2010
Woodstock, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2000 C5
Hey, I was down in Myrtle beach for a vacation. I was on my way back to the Canadian border, and a racoon jumped out of the ditch. I managed to jus clip it with the corner of my bumper. But it was enough to crack about an 2 inchs of the front an under the bottom of the bumper. It also ripped the wind deflector out of the bumper. I dont know if its worth fixing because of cost. But any suggestions on what to do or where to take it would be great. I live in Woodstock and I was going to take it to Pruss Hawkins. But not sure.

Hey, I was down in Myrtle beach for a vacation. I was on my way back to the Canadian border, and a racoon jumped out of the ditch. I managed to jus clip it with the corner of my bumper. But it was enough to crack about an 2 inchs of the front an under the bottom of the bumper. It also ripped the wind deflector out of the bumper. I dont know if its worth fixing because of cost. But any suggestions on what to do or where to take it would be great. I live in Woodstock and I was going to take it to Pruss Hawkins. But not sure.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Will this be going through as a comprehensive insurance claim?
Although Pruss Hawkins can do a good job on your car, I would highly recommend John Fleet at Fleet Autobody. They took my '85 to him and he did an outstanding job on it. It needed some repair to the fibreglass on the hood and driver's door that is absolutely invisible. I too live in the Dairy Capital and can meet should you wish to see his repairs first hand.

That sucks! I hit a rabbit last spring with a friends car and ended up doing $1600 damage. It was a big rabbit (You could see it's outline in the air conditioning condenser). I hate when that happens. I'm sure both you and the raccoon would prefer it if you both missed each other. Best of luck with the repairs!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread