Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Leaving Canada on March 6 and returning yesterday was quite an eye opener regarding the progression of the Covid19 public fallout in only 12 days. My observations of the change:

Approximately 5 to 10% of people in airports wearing masks when I left (and predominantly Asians) compared to 60 to 70% wearing masks on my return;
In lieu of surgical mask shortage, the number of people wearing simple dust masks or scarves around their faces, and some resorting to just covering their faces with their bare hands;... errrr.... so much for not touching your face with your hands...
The number of people wearing masks but having them pulled down under their noses;
One person wearing a full Hazmat suit;
One gentleman wearing a sleep mask over his mouth;
The elbow bump being the new form of greeting;
The QE2 highway (arguably the second busiest Hwy in Canada), being more deserted than I have ever seen in my 40 years in Alberta; (not a good sign)

My other observation is the vast amount of mis-information circulating... especially on social media....And of course the people that take that as gospel...lol...
Some of my favorites are drink lots of hot water. It will kill the virus..
Drinking water will flush the virus into your stomach where the acids will kill it..
Summer is coming and the heat will kill the virus...errr...didn't seem to be working in 35 degree Colombia...
The surge of fake drugs being advertised to cure the virus.
Drinking Colloidal silver to kill the virus... Caution... do not do this....
Eating lots of bacon as the nitrates and nitrites in bacon prevent the growth of Covid 19 bacteria..(I'm actually trying this one for breakfast this morning...lol)
The surge of scam phone calls asking for credit card donations to help the Center for Disease Control find a cure....

So far, wearing a rag soaked with toilet bowl cleaner over my face seems to be working for me... At the very least it may also curtail my potty-mouth....

Feel free to add your own observations, self remedies or comedic input to this thread... if nothing else as a release for the tensions we are experiencing....

I talked to a buddy on Tuesday (after Ont declared an emergency) who had not heard anything re covid19.
I was shocked, as was he when I told him about tp etc at stores.
Couple hrs later, I talked to another old bud. He too had not heard anything.
I'm not making this up.
My head hurts.
Wow ...I am absolutely impressed that
you have the ability to chat directly with
the Prime Minister and the President.
20dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly our lives are circulated around hospitals these days. The screening started in earnest on Monday, the number of people there dramatically fell. Most people are doing their best but some folks maybe not so much. One fellow, no mask on at all walking around yelling in his phone to someone he had the virus. Security, Security. This situation could not have happened at a worse time for us.

We just keep carrying on. Folks take care of yourselves your family and friends. Uncharted times.

Come on .... May 9th 🙏🏻

click 👇🏻 😂

Reactions: turbozig
There is only two solutions to the virus problem
1. We all get it and get over it, hopefully, probably, possibly, maybe or die. (not a good choice)
2. We all self isolate and get over it. (much better choice)
If everyone would do their part, we can control this evil monster. It may take a couple of months, but the sooner its over, the sooner we can continue living our lives and driving our cars.

Cheaper gas and the open road will make the virus disappear for a little while.

It's the first day of spring today, gas em' up, let's go! If we wrap our Vette's in toilet paper and Lysol wipes, and fill our washer reservoirs with hand sanitizer, we will be impenenetrable!

:ninja:

Last edited:
It's the first day of spring today, gas em' up, let's go! If we wrap our Vette's in toilet paper and Lysol wipes, and fill our washer reservoirs with hand sanitizer, we will be impenenetrable!

:ninja:

Interesting... Seems a couple years ago I saw a past member's Vette wrapped in saran wrap, but yet to see one in toilet paper... Please post pictures Zig....

So tonight we watched the movie Contagion on Netflix. Guess I missed it when it came out in 2011. Pretty scary stuff and it also started in China. Even heard the phrase social distancing on it. Thought that was a new term. Actually a good movie but a little to close for comfort on whats happening today. Big name actors in it also.

Leaving Canada on March 6 and returning yesterday was quite an eye opener regarding the progression of the Covid19 public fallout in only 12 days. My observations of the change:

Approximately 5 to 10% of people in airports wearing masks when I left (and predominantly Asians) compared to 60 to 70% wearing masks on my return;
In lieu of surgical mask shortage, the number of people wearing simple dust masks or scarves around their faces, and some resorting to just covering their faces with their bare hands;... errrr.... so much for not touching your face with your hands...
The number of people wearing masks but having them pulled down under their noses;
One person wearing a full Hazmat suit;
One gentleman wearing a sleep mask over his mouth;
The elbow bump being the new form of greeting;
The QE2 highway (arguably the second busiest Hwy in Canada), being more deserted than I have ever seen in my 40 years in Alberta; (not a good sign)

My other observation is the vast amount of mis-information circulating... especially on social media....And of course the people that take that as gospel...lol...
Some of my favorites are drink lots of hot water. It will kill the virus..
Drinking water will flush the virus into your stomach where the acids will kill it..
Summer is coming and the heat will kill the virus...errr...didn't seem to be working in 35 degree Colombia...
The surge of fake drugs being advertised to cure the virus.
Drinking Colloidal silver to kill the virus... Caution... do not do this....
Eating lots of bacon as the nitrates and nitrites in bacon prevent the growth of Covid 19 bacteria..(I'm actually trying this one for breakfast this morning...lol)
The surge of scam phone calls asking for credit card donations to help the Center for Disease Control find a cure....

So far, wearing a rag soaked with toilet bowl cleaner over my face seems to be working for me... At the very least it may also curtail my potty-mouth....

Feel free to add your own observations, self remedies or comedic input to this thread... if nothing else as a release for the tensions we are experiencing....
Drink lots of Vodka

Reactions: ddgermann
So tonight we watched the movie Contagion on Netflix. Guess I missed it when it came out in 2011. Pretty scary stuff and it also started in China. Even heard the phrase social distancing on it. Thought that was a new term. Actually a good movie but a little to close for comfort on whats happening today. Big name actors in it also.
We watched “The Stand” the other day. My wife is still freaking out....lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread