Ouch. Sorry to hear that. But she's in "good company": one of my daughters lost her job several months ago and is still looking for work. My son-in-law was laid off around the same time but he's fortunate to have been recently rehired. Others in my family work in the medical area so their jobs are protected. I suspect others on this Forum will have similar stories. Here's hoping they find a successful vaccine soon!

It's well known where I stand with this covid19 economic suicide.
I empathize with every job lost. Sorry to hear of them all on here.

… it's covid19 whatnot day no.89 for my business ...

I've had a dabble of work while remaining available 24/7 and being ever so grateful
for anything that my customers bring my way. I've also have a good friend keeping me
busy with a few special tasks that need taking care of. :angelic:
I'm currently isolated away Wife & Kid while taking care of my rural to-do list.

Stagnant economic Turmoil must change real soon …. with a vaccine or not. JMO
(and yup ... saying that with an oxymoron)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can relate all too well. Mandated to shut down since March 15. Not a penny of income. War chest can only go so far. A flicker of light in this pandemic tunnel as Ontario is starting to get the economy moving. So many people are coping with job losses and cut backs it's going to take some time to recover. Let's hope we don't get a second spike in cases.

My next door neighbour works for Bell Canada. He says that they are running steady taking equipment out of offices of businesses that are shutting down and won't be coming back. A lot of people have their last cent invested in their business and it doesn't take much to kill them. It's going to be a different world by the time this virus mess is over with. The government seems to be getting the message about opening up. Another step this weekend with malls opening up. This shut down never was meant to stop the virus but just to slow it and flatten the curve so that hospitals weren't flooded with more people than they could handle as happened in Italy and Spain. A friend of mine has heart problems AND lung problems. His doctor didn't sugar coat it. He was told that if he gets this virus, then he is DEAD. We are both retired, so he can work away in his shop freshening up his old cars until this is over. A little common sense will go a long way. We're not going to run out to mingle in the crowds. We go for the odd drive with the Corvette but, again, don't mingle with anyone. We chat with friends by telephone more than usual.

Your wife did quite well making it this far Al. Hope she gets to return soon. Wife and I are both retired and collecting pensions so we are doing better than most people. Our daughter and son-in-law are also okay as she's a stay at home mom and he has been working from home for his dad's company that is still doing very well. Our son is a pilot for Air Canada and still on the payroll for now but he's spending most of his time at home aside from the occasional call to fly across the country a couple times each month. His fiancé worked for WestJet and got laid off a month ago. She can't stand to do nothing and just got a job serving at a bar that recently opened downtown to keep herself sane. The economy MUST get moving again soon or the little prince in Ottawa will spend the country into bankruptcy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread