Good luck and get back safe.

Thanks Al. All comedy aside, I consider a great number of people here my friends and appreciate the supporting thoughts. Made it to Bogata and waiting now for the plane on United to Houston. Have a boarding pass so that's a good sign. Wouldn't give me a boarding pass for Air Canada Houston to Calgary so not sure what thats about. Just got an email from AC telling me they regret to inform that my flight back home which was scheduled for the 21st has been cancelled. No alternative ... No "next flight out will be whenever". AC screwed me over 30 years ago and never flew with them again until Costa Rica 2 years ago when they lost our luggage for 3 days on the way down... once again last year when they lost our luggage coming back from here... and now the regret email... grrrrrrr.... guy that delivered our luggage home last year is a private contractor for air canada. Told me he has 4 full time employees and they work full time, all the time, for air canada delivering lost luggage. He said they are the worst by far and estimates they lose 50% of all luggage, especially on international flights.

Thanks Al. All comedy aside, I consider a great number of people here my friends and appreciate the supporting thoughts. Made it to Bogata and waiting now for the plane on United to Houston. Have a boarding pass so that's a good sign. Wouldn't give me a boarding pass for Air Canada Houston to Calgary so not sure what thats about. Just got an email from AC telling me they regret to inform that my flight back home which was scheduled for the 21st has been cancelled. No alternative ... No "next flight out will be whenever". AC screwed me over 30 years ago and never flew with them again until Costa Rica 2 years ago when they lost our luggage for 3 days on the way down... once again last year when they lost our luggage coming back from here... and now the regret email... grrrrrrr.... guy that delivered our luggage home last year is a private contractor for air canada. Told me he has 4 full time employees and they work full time, all the time, for air canada delivering lost luggage. He said they are the worst by far and estimates they lose 50% of all luggage, especially on international flights.
Best of luck. Air Canada’s motto is “we’re not happy until you’re not happy”. It will all work out and one day we look back on this, with a good bourbon, and laugh. Not in public though, that won’t be allowed without permission from the “party”.

Best of luck. Air Canada’s motto is “we’re not happy until you’re not happy”. It will all work out and one day we look back on this, with a good bourbon, and laugh. Not in public though, that won’t be allowed without permission from the “party”.
Lol...good one. And true it seems. Sitting in the World Elite Lounge Key right now drinking their free Johnny Walker black feeling like a big shot...lol.... Can you believe they have no bourbon.... sheesh....

Reactions: Cariboocreek
I empathize .... and am sad to see it.
Curious as a small business owner myself as to the nature/industry that has you closing right away? I’m light construction/consulting - operating very carefully with tightened overhead. 🙏🏻
CQB tactical defense. Close quarter defense, open hand combat/martial arts. Obviously lots of contact.

Reactions: YFCvii
You may have noticed my lack of participation on the forum for the last week. I decided to take it pretty easy. Very stressful times indeed.

I'm happy to say that I'm back now and will be back to my original amount of participation.

Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
You may have noticed my lack of participation on the forum for the last week. I decided to take it pretty easy. Very stressful times indeed.

I'm happy to say that I'm back now and will be back to my original amount of participation.

Original level restored...

giphy.gif

Happy to have you back Eric. 🙂

Wow after all this time ...
I missed the "take it easy" part of the
"CCF Membership Agreement" :canada:

seriously though ...
hopefully it was under
reasonably OK conditions
for you @EJChevy 🙏🏻

Without it being on my phone and no email notifications, it's actually pretty easy to ignore the internet.