Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So the dealer came through with a cover. My bad as I didn’t specify indoor. So when I opened the box it was a GM Stormproof outdoor cover. It is not a cheap cover so not the dealers problem. My concern is will the outdoor cover cause micro scratches or swirls on the black car. The inside of the cover is not a fleece or felt lining. GM claims the material is a polyester micro fibre and wont scratch.

Comments?....

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Wow, Al you just can't get a break with that deal. I have no idea as I have only used the indoor ones, but I would not expect a factory cover to scratch your car. Likey be able to trade it straight across with your dealer for an indoor one though.. oh wait... ya sorry. :Arghh:

I would expect a good quality cover to be fine Al. Sort of detracts from the whole idea of a cover if it's going to scratch the finish. I would make sure your car is dry before you put it on though as it is likely waterproof and won't breath.

I would expect a good quality cover to be fine Al. Sort of detracts from the whole idea of a cover if it's going to scratch the finish. I would make sure your car is dry before you put it on though as it is likely waterproof and won't breath.
GM claims it is a water “resistant” and breathable cover.

On a side note, I should have got off the bong before I bought a black car.....

GM claims it is a water “resistant” and breathable cover.

On a side note, I should have got off the bong before I bought a black car.....

A dirty car is a dirty car... color has nothing to do with it. Likey better with black as you will be sure it is clean before putting any cover over it. Your black car looks fantastic so hold onto that bong man.

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Useful
Hey Cariboo.

GM didn't make my cover. Look for the manufactures tag on the edge of your cover. Contact the manufacturer for more information including washing instructions.
My indoor cover was made/supplied to GM by Coverking Corvette Cover, Custom Car Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Dash Covers | Car and Truck Floor Mats - Coverking®

I hope this helps?
:Cheers2:
Thanks, it is a Cover King. My concern because it is not a fleece or soft material lining, will it mar, scratch, mark, or otherwise screw up my paint/wrap/ceramic.....

Wow, Al you just can't get a break with that deal. I have no idea as I have only used the indoor ones, but I would not expect a factory cover to scratch your car. Likey be able to trade it straight across with your dealer for an indoor one though.. oh wait... ya sorry. :Arghh:
It's the gift that keeps on giving....The car is great and no issues with that, but the management of this sale has been off-putting....

I've got both indoor and outdoor GM covers.
I have had no problem with either cover. Corvette must be clean of course.
I have not experienced anything significant nor concerning in regard to scratching
although we do have the color indifference for perhaps noticing (LBR & SBM).
When outdoor, yes I have to park outdoor at the Summer Cabin, the exterior cover
takes care of business. I find myself washing & letting the cover dry before removing it
at times so that I do not roll up a dirty cover and risk any of it getting to the underside.
I have considered using the indoor cover under the outdoor cover …
but have not tried that yet. In the meantime my OCD has one of each cover
for both Corvettes in our stable.

• Informative
After reading many many reviews and researching each company and price...I purchased ( just my opinion) an UltraGuard Plus in red and black...they classify it as an indoor/outdoor cover..seams are very well sewn and nice quality top layer with soft layer to protect finish on car, they say it is breathable, only used car cover indoors so far , and fits very well and snug around the bottom , only downside to this cover is that it leaves a little fuzz/lint on car , no scratches 👌...also comes with a bag...and it fits back into the bag after use.Bought from Southern Car Parts in the USA , good price too(at the time)...item #27176001

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread