Sep 3, 2010
welland,ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006, base
Well.......was out today,sunday, enjoying the sunny weather in Welland. Top was in the back, and I'm driving to Vineland and got caught in a cloud burst !!

Two observations....corvette didn't melt/dissolve in the rain. Got somewhat dirty though.[g]
......................if you go along ~ 90kph +, pretty well all the rain goes over
the open cabin , so you and the inside stay pretty dry. That was nice;however
traffic light stops are not so good !

So....we're back home and the car has been washed and dried. This episode
is noteworthy as its the first time I've been caught in the rain in the past
4 years. Obviously my life is too sheltered !!

Take care,
Tony, welland

As noted in other posts, my car sits outside now. I have an awesome cover for it but it doesn't get covered all the time. We had an absolutely wicked storm the other night. I've never seen rain like that! The results were fine however, I was able to make it out to a car show today and didn't even need to wash it first! I don't mind the car sitting in rain as much as driving in the rain.

Been caught twice and frankly having the unusual experience of rain falling on the glass roof was exciting. Felt like I was getting away with something
[mob][/mob]

haha, saw your ride at Manny's a week or so ago -- great lookin ride.
Also been caught a time or 2 in the rain/snow -- no biggie but it does mean a big cleanup on returning home.

Been driving the SoulSurfer for the last few days as our daughter borrowed one of our cars and Bonnie and I have different schedules. Got caught in the rain a lot and lo and behold, she did not melt.

I laugh when people write that their cars have never seen rain. They obviously have not visited the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY and seen how much water the cars are subjected to, not to mention that they may sit in a lot for up to 15 days until a transport truck carts them off to their would-be dealers.

Other than the occasional sideways on take-off since my header leak got fixed, I have waaaayyyyy to much torques LOL

Heck no! Go with tire chains!:D

I've read that the Corvette does very well in winter with winter tires... with the obvious limitation to how deep the snow is. It has a 50/50 weight bias which is better than a truck and almost all other RWD vehicles. Active handling, traction control, and ABS....it's starting to sound like the perfect winter vehicle to me.:D

i went on a 2 week holiday with my wife and it rained/deluge almost every day for the 1st 3-4 days. the ragtop didn't leak and the wipers worked great. the car didn't shrink and unfortunately neither did i! enjoyable trip and the best part, besides ripping the mountain highway...........limited shopping space! hahaha

might as well go through a car wash with the tee panels off !!! :swear:

Got caught in a downpour on the way back from Pumpkinfest this year. I was surprised at how well the wipers kept up. Biggest problem was the Radial T/As refused to hook up in the rain; I had to idle away from intersections like I was on snow.

qp2qlg.jpg

Didn't melt. :D

During my trip to Ontario this year, I hit just about everything that could be thrown my way. Rain in London, Hail in Fergus, a tornado in Winnipeg and snow coming over the pass into seattle. Car came through with flying colours, never skipped a Heartbeat. A great ride and I wouldn't mind doing it again!
Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.