What an absolute circus this ZR1 has been. I got to drive one a couple of hundred feet and it was fun ... I was hooked for the availability disappointment and refused to pay a surcharge. I love my Stingray that much more now and it’s great knowing who all the dealerships are who attempted to take advantage of me for my next referral or purchase. It is what it is and so am I. Cheers 😁👍🏻

Yup totally agree. My dealership will never get another new car sale from me. But I now know a dealership that doesn’t do the gouging and will take my business there. I’m not alone in this one as many customers got the same thing and are going to the same place. Word gets around...

For those of us that missed the attempted "gouge" with price premiums because we were not in the market for a ZR1 it would be nice to have the names of these d stealerships to avoid as the C8 comes to market.

Reactions: YFCvii
For those of us that missed the attempted "gouge" with price premiums because we were not in the market for a ZR1 it would be nice to have the names of these d stealerships to avoid as the C8 comes to market.

I won’t publish any names sorry but it will only take 1 meeting with someone at your dealership with some stroke to determine how they intend to handle the situation.

If your not happy... I can PM you a dealership that doesn’t gouge.... the only thing they expect in return from loyal customers is to NOT buy and flip the car. Which unfortunately they experienced with the ZR1.

Reactions: YFCvii
Well I am one of the lucky few there will be 5 more zr1s built for Canada build date is July 8. I tried to place an order last summer and could not find allocation for one anywhere my dealer called me a couple months ago and amazingly they got allocated one of the last 5 needless to say I speced out car and ordered it did I mention my dealer is selling to me for msrp cause they value there customers more than making a quick buck. I have bought quite a few vehicles from my Chevy dealer when they got told they could get a zr1 they phoned me I was all over it. I am one very happy and loyal customer to my Chevy dealer. I have had a Corvette in my garage at all times for 20 plus years it will be a joy to have one of the last 5 front engine zr1s ever produced in my garage that might just be a keeper.

Attachments

• 20190501_171304.jpg
    20190501_171304.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190501_171252.jpg
    20190501_171252.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 37
Last C7 just went for $2.4 million! Bet that car will never see rain, road, or sun! Museum piece forever!
Yes last c7 girls car has been built the last 5 zr 1s will go into production July 8 pics of mine to follow
Funny that the last C7 corvette was sold but there are ZR1's with a July 8 build date scheduled?????? I'd be pissed if I paid that much and it was not actually the last one built. o_O
I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get the last zr1 built I have a 20% chance

... not reasoning nor arguing your thought towards other C7s ...
please entertain further with the "C7 girls car" thought by going to Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School with
you being in a similar ZR1 and trying and chase an instructor who may be in any C7 (and even a Camaro).
I think you might revisit an understanding of your own words. (just my opinion)
Dude it's just a running joke I have with my buds I've owned corvettes for over 20 years I started with the narrow body c4 and c6 then I moved to z06s had many of them personally I could not go back to a regular corvette after my first z06 so the joke is a regular Corvette is a girls car kinda like the boxster or a miata the gs is a boys car and the z06 is a mans car never had a zr1 as of yet so dont have a nickname for that one yet I'm sorry your offended life is short be happy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread