Mar 29, 2014
Vero Beach, FL (was Brampton ON)
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51 M7 Coupe
Go Ford Go...... I have a Corvette buddy ( well, he is a Ford buddy too ) flying in from kelowna just for a guy s 24 hour Lemans weekend.

Now that Ford is back in the race I am lost who to cheer for. LOL

He just sold his Shelby Mustang so he will be routing for Corvette as his is down to a Corvette and Camaro SS, I might cheer for the Ford team this time.

Looking forward to the race!

B

Soooooo, Corvette builds a car that works well and the result is that they have to "detune" it so others can keep up? Plus they get less fuel because the cars are more efficient. How lame is that? And it also begs the question, if the BoP is going to try to balance out all the race cars after qualifying, what's the point in getting a good lap time if they're just going to make you slower? So now if the Ford GT wins, or Ferrari, or Austin Martin, I won't believe it's because they're better cars, it'll be because they restricted the fastest cars so they could keep up.

The only thing I like about the BoP adjusting everyone is that hopefully it'll make for a more exciting race.

Reactions: NW-99SS
Soooooo, Corvette builds a car that works well and the result is that they have to "detune" it so others can keep up? Plus they get less fuel because the cars are more efficient. How lame is that? And it also begs the question, if the BoP is going to try to balance out all the race cars after qualifying, what's the point in getting a good lap time if they're just going to make you slower? So now if the Ford GT wins, or Ferrari, or Austin Martin, I won't believe it's because they're better cars, it'll be because they restricted the fastest cars so they could keep up.

The only thing I like about the BoP adjusting everyone is that hopefully it'll make for a more exciting race.

Totally agree!

The other main factors Corvette has going for it is reliability and drivers. This has been a big plus in past years for them, so hoping it continues.

One team enters 4 cars to plug the racing lines at LeMans and gets BoP advantages at every turn...seems like someone is purchasing a win for "historical" reasons.

Can't hardly take this serious anymore. When Corvette Racing approached the ACO to "level the playing field" with the 8.0L Vipers in 1999 and 2000, they were instructed to "build a better car." How times have changed, let's slow the fast cars so they become the slow cars and the other guys can compete...might as well just give everyone a participation trophy. /rant

Well, at least from qualifying, we know who makes the fastest car. :D

And you are totally right, with adjusting the playing field it gives everyone a chance to participate. :D
And it becomes more of a drivers race which is good for those kinds of races, but if they're trying to make it a driver's race, than just have everyone drive the same car.

While they're adjusting things, I think there should be a list price advantage/disadvantage. As more expensive cars can afford to put more technology and expensive materials into their cars as a better base for a race car. I only say this as I am super impressed that our $100,000 Corvette beat the $400,000 Ford GT....even after Ford was given a 20 kg weight reduction....and now they get another 5 to remove...

I really liked the GT when it came out but am less impressed with it now.....however, at the same time it's brand new so I imagine they are just working out the bugs and learning the proper set up. I bet it'll be much faster next year.

Reactions: NW-99SS
Ford has already won an GT-Pro race with the new FGT. They did spend an entire year prepping this carbon tub, mid-engine car for endurance racing specifically to win the 24 hours of LeMans on the 50th anniversary of the GT40.

Well, got my set up ready....... I have a 65" TV for the main race and my bedroom 40" TV is next to it on top of the fireplace for picture next to picture watching.

One TV will have apple tv or an apple hub for the main race footage and the 40" is set up with Chromecast.

The 40" might have an in car feed.

You can download the app 24 hours Le Mans and pay a $14 fee and watch the 24 hour race......

Brian

IMG_6277.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: smackYYZ
So looks like Ford and others were sandbagging! Ford took 5 seconds off their lap time to get P 1 & 2 , Corvette dropped from 1st to 12th in the class.

Hoping our reliability and long tire stints will make up the difference. Also hoping they make another BoP adjustment today to level the field.

Beaumesnil: GTE-Pro BoP Changes Still Possible Pre-Race - Sportscar365

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread