pappy

Casual User
Apr 15, 2012
Clarksburg, ON
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2009 Convt.
Hello.....I live in the Thornbury Clarksburg area have recently sold my business, purchased a 2009 Corvette convertible and would like to maximize my sports car experience. We have a number of clubs in the area, the Southersn Georgsian Bay Britsh Car Cub, the Wasage Beach Corvette Club and I am sure others. I am not sure I fit into any of them. I would be interested in setting up an organization that includes sports car owners of all stripes, Corvette, Mustangs, Italian and British for monthly outings, comradry and whatever feels good. Would love to hear from anyone who has some thoughts on the subject at [email protected] or a reply to this post.......Ernie

Hi Ernie and welcome to the forum! I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum that enjoy car clubs with multiple brands. Myself, I like being part of a group of people that have an interest in the same vehicle that I am interested in as it helps build knowledge and is a great source for help. With that said, I also like all makes of cars as I am a car guy so I think a multi-brand club would be good as well. Give a few clubs a try.

LOL, we're a "multi brand" group too --- but we just love our 'vettes the most.:D

I myself went to MoparFest (New Hamburg) Sunday and enjoyed it thoroughtly while taking many pictures.......But getting home to my 'vette, or meeting up with 'vette buddies is what makes the world go round for me.

This club is made up of many like me, and we enjoy talking 'vettes the most here.
Meeting, fixing, helping, and just generally being with this crowd is heaven to us and takes up a lot of time as you can imagine.

Please stay and join in the fun. If we can meet sometime at a local function or even just a coffee run sometime that would be great.

Welcome aboard; we look forward to hearing about your "first 'vette" and, if you haven't heard already, we love pics so please share your beauty.

Cheers,
Colin

I have discovered a simple multi-brand association solution.... own a wide variety of cars!!!
All it takes is an understanding wife, space, an understanding wife, money, an understanding wife, lots of spare time, an understanding wife, internet access, an understanding wife and most importantly...an understanding wife.
David

Where does one find this "understanding wife"?
Mine understands one car but will not grant permission to "own a wide variety of cars". Her argument has always been, "You can only drive one at a time". I responded, "As with children, you can love them all equally". She reminded me I only have ONE wife.
It was at this time I wisely chose to end the discussion. Although I love my car, I would find it difficult to sleep in ...

Mine understands one car but will not grant permission to "own a wide variety of cars". Her argument has always been, "You can only drive one at a time". I responded, "As with children, you can love them all equally". She reminded me I only have ONE wife.
It was at this time I wisely chose to end the discussion. Although I love my car, I would find it difficult to sleep in ...

Very well said. My situation precisely.

Don't ask me Terry -- I thought I had one but, alas, she didn't understand.:confused:

If you ever find out please let me know -- and if she has a sister I'd be much obliged.:D

Colin.

Now you understand why I was so excited with the ability to put traits into crops - the herbicidie tolerant genetically modified canola. The next step would be adding traits to people! A woman who realized that car time was number 1 and investing in cars ditto! Just give science a bit more time. Or a woman who wanted a man who would be into garage sales, the opera and talking about feelings, the door does swing both ways after all!

Maybe if one such understanding women did really exist instead of this science fiction talk we could clone her and all have a copy??

Cheers,

Garry

Now you understand why I was so excited with the ability to put traits into crops - the herbicidie tolerant genetically modified canola. The next step would be adding traits to people! A woman who realized that car time was number 1 and investing in cars ditto! Just give science a bit more time. Or a woman who wanted a man who would be into garage sales, the opera and talking about feelings, the door does swing both ways after all!

Maybe if one such understanding women did really exist instead of this science fiction talk we could clone her and all have a copy??

Cheers,

Garry
Just for fun what would she look like ?? Any thoughts ?

I want one that is a nymphomaniac..... has a bank account that makes mine look like chump change..... whose father owns a liquor store.... and is very understanding...... Then I woke up...lol

Hey Garry I like idea of the genetically modified woman especially the part were she could not talk, after reading it again I realized it was only science fiction talk...lol

Do not mind me and my warped sense of humor

On a more serious note, Just before going to Spring Mountain I found a 2004 Z06 highly modified for sale in the us $82000 invested + cost of car around 1000 rwhp (insert drool here) 7000 miles for 50 grand. As I am showing this to my girl friend she is not as excited as I am (first sign) I told the bank has lots of money they love to lend it out. Her response you already have one, I said mine was lonely and might require a companion besides there is no law that says I cannot have 2. This is when I got the look that's when I realized it was time to change the conversation .....

Anybody remember what this thread was about? I think it got pretty far off topic. I hope the OP comes back. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread