VetteCoins
Car
STINGRAY 2016
Province
QC
LE BARON added a new event:

CORVETTE MUSEUM 30th ANNIVERSARY AUG 29th - AUG 31st 2024

Just letting people know that this is coming up next year - 2024
I was on the 2019 Ontario caravan, approx 60 Vettes. A great time and well planned. Next year's Ontario caravan is being put to getter presently and they are looking for 120 Vettes this time. Kudos to the organizers as there are a hell of a lot of logistics in not only getting this together but making it a fun time for all.
The Ontario caravan registration is open now. No doubt there will be other caravans from across the...

Read more about this event...

I would be interested in going.
There were a few from the Ottawa area in 2019. I know of Tony who went. He joined up with the group right out of GTA.
If you are interested then I would suggest you use the link provided.
Registration is $100. After that you'll have to check in with the organizers on where to make your hotel reservations. Down in BG you have to put the money right up front at the time of the reservation.
It was well worth it and 2024 will be a full week. The organizers had something going on everyday so you don't twiddle your thumbs too much.

There were a few from the Ottawa area in 2019. I know of Tony who went. He joined up with the group right out of GTA.
If you are interested then I would suggest you use the link provided.
Registration is $100. After that you'll have to check in with the organizers on where to make your hotel reservations. Down in BG you have to put the money right up front at the time of the reservation.
It was well worth it and 2024 will be a full week. The organizers had something going on everyday so you don't twiddle your thumbs too much.
We ever cross paths in Orleans? I go there a few times every summer

Thanks Richard for the information on the Ontario group in the 7th National Corvette Caravan. There are about 24 groups from all over the entire US and Canada all going to BG in August 2024. All of the Canadian provinces, except Ontario and Yukon, have been included with their American counterparts. Interesting that Alaska joins up with the Pacific Northwest group and cars from Hawaii are shipped to Los Angeles and they then fly over and join up with the Southwest Section in Southern California. See the link to get all of the information regarding your area, who the leaders are, where they are going, contact information etc. Because I live just across the river from Detroit I am going with Larry Courtney and his Michigan, Indiana and Western Kentucky group. Check this out corvettecaravan.com ... and then scroll down to the Regional Caravans and click in the region you want on the map or your province at the top. If the link won't work Google 2024 National Corvette Caravan. See ya'll in Bowling Green along with about 8000 other cars. .....Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Thanks Richard for the information on the Ontario group in the 7th National Corvette Caravan. There are about 24 groups from all over the entire US and Canada all going to BG in August 2024. All of the Canadian provinces, except Ontario and Yukon, have been included with their American counterparts. Interesting that Alaska joins up with the Pacific Northwest group and cars from Hawaii are shipped to Los Angeles and they then fly over and join up with the Southwest Section in Southern California. See the link to get all of the information regarding your area, who the leaders are, where they are going, contact information etc. Because I live just across the river from Detroit I am going with Larry Courtney and his Michigan, Indiana and Western Kentucky group. Check this out corvettecaravan.com ... and then scroll down to the Regional Caravans and click in the region you want on the map or your province at the top. If the link won't work Google 2024 National Corvette Caravan. See ya'll in Bowling Green along with about 8000 other cars. .....Peter
Just got back in from a little warm weather.
Not 8,000 Vettes Pete. In 2019 they said some place between 30K and 35K vettes in town.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Just an FYI and not take away from Tony's Ontario group but there is another option for those in south west Ontario. Because I live just outside Windsor I go to many car shows and cruises in Michigan. I will be joining my friend Larry Courtney on his Michigan, Indiana and West Kentucky caravan. Larry has assured me he will welcome any Corvettes from Ontario so if you are interested the information is below. Contact him now and he will hold a spot for you when he finalizes everything early September. I have no idea of the costs but Tony had suggested a budget of around $2000. For those east or west of Ontario I have attached info at the end of this post for you. Peter

Indiana, Michigan, Western Kentucky

2024 CORVETTE CARAVAN MICHIGAN, INDIANA & WESTERN KENTUCKY

LARRY & VERNA COURTNEY CAPTAINS

1680501432656.png

CONTACT INFORMATION

[email protected]

586-876-6923

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE

1680501525719.png

Hello Everyone, did we hear “ONE MORE TIME”? Yes, we did. We will be back for our third time as leaders of the Michigan, Indiana, & W. Kentucky Caravan. To those that have made this journey with us before, Welcome Back. To those that are new, we hope you will enjoy our adventure. The official celebration begins Thursday August 29 and ends Saturday August 31, 2024 We arrive in Bowling Green are on Wednesday August 28. Itinerary times and locations may change. I will keep making updates. We begin at Matick Chevrolet in Redford, Michigan on Tuesday August 27 at 8 AM for breakfast. Next stop, Turkeyville in Marshall, Michigan where we will be joined by the group from Flint area and Western Michigan. After lunch, we next move to Indianapolis for the night. Wednesday morning, we go to the track in Indy for laps. Joining us will be groups from Indy area. After laps on next stop is Louisville Fairgrounds for lunch and then depart to Bowling Green.

Here is the way to find out about east coast , west coast and anywhere in North America,.

Go to the national Corvette Caravan website 2024 National Corvette Caravan – All roads lead to Bowling Green, Kentucky for the 30th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum and you will see a map similar to the one below where you can locate the area captains and contact info.

1680502872052.png

Hey thanks for the heads up. Just another FYI, the Ontario Caravan has quite a few participants from the Chatham, Windsor area already and we will accept any cars from Michigan who want to join us. This time around we will be crossing into the US at Sarnia and will have groups starting from 4 different points in Ontario.

Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Hey thanks for the heads up. Just another FYI, the Ontario Caravan has quite a few participants from the Chatham, Windsor area already and we will accept any cars from Michigan who want to join us. This time around we will be crossing into the US at Sarnia and will have groups starting from 4 different points in Ontario.
Hey Jamie

My idea for the post was really in the second half to show those in BC or AB and in QC or the Maritimes that there are about 24 Caravans heading out and Canadians are included in those groups that are close to the border. All they have to do is open the website, click on their province on the map and contact the captains. That is what a friend of mine who lives in New Brunswick is doing and he is going with the Maine Group. Just for information cars from Hawaii are being shipped to Los Angeles cars and then the drivers are flying over and joining the Caravan from California. Wherever you are in North America there is something for you.
I know there are several members of our Windsor Corvette Club who are going with your Ontario group. My reason for going with Michigan is because Larry Courtney is a personal friend and for years I have joined him on his adventures.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
For those that did this before, I have a few questions:
did the group drive straight to Bowling Green on highways or did they take a scenic route there? did the route include places like tail of the dragon, blue ridge parkway, or skyline drive? did the group drive back to Ontario together or did everyone go their separate ways after Bowling Green?

Last edited:
For those that did this before, I have a few questions:
did the group drive straight to Bowling Green on highways or did they take a scenic route there? did the route include places like tail of the dragon, blue ridge parkway, or skyline drive? did the group drive back to Ontario together or did everyone go their separate ways after Bowling Green?
I was with the 2019 Ontario Caravan.
Excellently organized and interesting.
We had two stops on the way down for the R&R hall of fame and Indianapolis speedway the next day. The third day was the US aviation museum. Were in BG by the end of the third day. Then two days of group activities along with the museum.
Once it was finished everyone was free to go their own way. Some took off for the Tail while others just cruised back to Ontario.
Would advise you to get a hold of the Ontario captain and make arrangements to join the group.
Again, it was very well organized.

Reactions: DenisC8