Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Well, I hope not to bore anyone with these pictures, I have been struggling with my camera on close up shots and have been playing around trying to figure it out. I took some pictures of some very old AMR (Andre Marie Ruf, hopefully the spelling is correct). Ruf, a Frenchman who sadly passed away a few years ago was fascinated with the big V8 powered North American endurance racers and built many models of them. Primarily the Greenwood C3's from Le Mans. His kits were state of the art at the time and very expense so I have only a few that I built.

I have more of these AMR 1/43 scale models, including Briggs Cunningham's Cadilac's from the 50's and if I can figure out the camera will post some more.

Still working on the camera but here goes:

This car started off as the Rudy Braun racer that was white with huge splashes of yellow and red. I screwed up the decals so decided to make my own version of "my"C3. The Braun Corvette had an interesting history, disappearing for a long time over a supposed legal matter. The car has since been restored.

ULsUpRol.jpg

AuLNGPEl.jpg

This is the famous Heinz and Johnson 57 Rebel Car

8kvvrc4l.jpg

Valvoline Car

8kvvrc4l.jpg

CuKXcrkl.jpg

DeKon Monza

IdGoWhIl.jpg

Reactions: nascar03
Murray...
Did you build and paint all these cars from kits?
I assume they are metal kits or...?
They look great.
I think you need to get in a little closer and lower down with your camera...
But then again .what do I know! Lol
More pics please.

Graham

Graham, with the exception of the Braun Corvette which is resin the others are all metal. I had help with the paint on the Valvoline car, two and three tone paint work always caused me grief. On a car that small it is tough to get the lines just right then apply the paint without it bleeding. The kits required a fair bit of work to get them ready for paint and assembly but I really used to enjoy building them. I should have run the Monza through the 1/43 scale car wash.:Biggrin:

I think the real problem with my camera is the lens, it is telephoto 28-135 but I don't think it was designed for close ups. I will keep trying. My son has a lens that I am going to try that hopefully will give me a little more flexibility.

It would be great if you would add a few pictures from your model collection as well. I really would like to see them.

Thanks for the response.:thumbs:

Your models look awesome! As mentioned get down low and close to them when taking pics. Choose a background to enhance the models........ experiment............. have fun! This "cheesy" model was the subject of a 18-105 Nikor lense.
DSC_0699.JPG

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.