Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
It should come as no surprise to most readers of this website that Corvette owners love their cars so much that they often keep them for years.
Now a study just released by iSeeCars.com confirms that belief.
In fact, the Chevrolet Corvette ranks second on the list of new passenger vehicles whose drivers keep them the longest, with the average years of ownership for the Corvette being 9.0 years.
Another Chevy, the Suburban, ranks seventh on the list with an average of 8.4 years of ownership.
To get their results, iSeeCars.com analyzed more than 6 million 5-year-old or older used cars sold by their original owners between Jan. 1, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2017. Models which were owned for less than 5 years were excluded from the analysis, to eliminate the effect of short lease terms on the data. Models that were in production for less than 9 of the 10 most recent model years (2009 to 2018), heavy-duty trucks and vans, and...

Continue reading...

I just saw this old article but had to put my two cents worth in. Our oldest vehicle is a 1987 S-10 short box truck. Still drives down the road like new. Then there is our no winters 1997 supercharged Olds LSS. It is our summer only family car. The newest we have is the 2005 S-10, 4X4 Jimmy that we bought new for a winter vehicle then the 2005 Corvette that we bought after selling our 1969 Chevelles. It's our play toy. The vehicles listed above are hardly broken in. ;) They can bury us in the Corvette. Why do I keep the 1987 you might ask?? That's my go-buying truck. Take the Corvette and what you want to buy will be 50% more.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.