Aug 2, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Porsche 993, GT3
Province
QC
I'm new to this - 911 guy for many, many years. Ready for something new and the C8 looks like it may well be it. I am going to hold out for a Grand Sport (or Z06) that's still a few years out. Looking to get an order in with a dealer that knows what they are doing - above all would like to have a good buying experience.

Is there anyone in QC I should be talking to? Not sure who does volume and has deep model expertise. I have not been able to find anything searching online.

I have already reached out to Wilson Niblett in Toronto, will import from ON if that's what it takes. Anyone else that I should be talking to? I don't want to fool around, want to put a deposit down and order a future model spec'd to my taste at MSRP. If I am going to have to travel and deal with taxes etc. I would prefer to work with the 'best'.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers

Matt

Reactions: ccltj
Welcome to CCF Matt.

There are plenty of good guys out your way that will have some good feedback for you.
I actually brought my car in from Ontario to Alberta and the dealership made it a painless experience... once they actually remembered to hire the transport. 😂. Ok that’s a different story.

In Alberta there are dealerships that will take deposits on spec and secure an allocation for you however there are very few who won’t be gouging way above MSRP for the next models. But there are a couple who will sell at MSRP. One of them should get plenty of allocations too. However many are already announcing gouging over MSRP on the base C8 in some cases. This is before the car is actually priced. Which should be in a couple weeks before we find out the MSRP and build options prices.
I went through this rat race last year on the ZR1 and will not be doing it again.
If you want the car and are willing to pay.. pretty sure you can get one easy enough.
Especially since that “2020 cars are sold out” nonsense got debunked yesterday.

Enjoy CCF

You can try New Roads in Newmarket, ON. I bought my C7 there. Pretty decent with pricing and there's Budds Chev in Oakville. Never dealt with them but I have read a few reviews which were positive. Good luck. I can see allocation being a large factor with many dealerships, especially in the first 2 years if the C8 sells well. Price gouging, well that's another issue.

Thanks for the feedback (and the welcome!).

I'll wait and see if any further Toronto based advice comes up, it's probably the closest large market to me. Still not giving up on Quebec either.

As I mentioned, Wilson Niblett seems to be pretty buttoned down on their process, but that's based on just a few calls and no real first hand reviews. I also believe they sell a lot of Corvette's so that should have a major impact on allocations. Appreciate any more insight on them or others.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt:
I would but my money down at Wilson Niblett. In fact, I did this spring with a C7. Great experience. No regrets.
Dealership has always operated to a very high standard. They will have a larger allotment of vehicles due to their history of Corvette sales.
And, I'm bias as I worked in the service department there from 1975 to 1978.

• Wow
I placed a deposit as well. But I am waiting for a Grand Sport (or maybe Z06) a few years out, so I am well up on that list.
I really want to see how the initial cars work out first, new transmission etc. and make a go/no go decision based on real world reports and reviews. That should be more than known in 12-18 months. Gonna be interesting!

BTW - I think WN does about 80 corvettes a year (+/-), and production on the C8 is planned to be higher. So 100 is not unreasonable - but they won't arrive at once, that's for sure.

All I have heard on production numbers are rumours unless you have an inside ear on that Matt. Got me curious now. And yes. I apologize if it's 2021 or later C8's you guys are putting your deposits in on... Have ater! :thumbs:

No insider info, just in speaking to the sales person, he mentioned that there is an extra shift planned at the plant which should make more cars available. Who knows how many more, and how long for the ramp up though.

This will be my first Corvette, and I just will feel more comfortable with a later model (and hope they have a GS, which is what I would have bought in a C7).

Reactions: ddgermann
Yup. Understand your waiting for a year or more. The C7 was an abnormality as there were no serious recalls or "oops" in their original design/build but ya never know. Let someone else drive them for a year or so just in case.

Yeah. I heard the extra shift rumour but you can't even order one here or in the states (supposedly until later in September) yet so it appears they haven't even started making them ... so if they intend on getting anywheres near to the 37,000 and change units like the 2014 C7, they will need an extra shift. My dealer says Canada won't see one until May... and he has no idea what he's talking about either....

IMHO can't believe anyone other those having to be first on the block for the new toy would line up for c8 now. Guessing those in the queue have refundable deposits so your spot at 100 may move up. Id want to as a minimum se it physically and sit in it. There's also the aspect of being a complete redesign. Guess the first of the buyers will be the GM testers. Then there's the financial aspect of paying min. msrp......maybe more...... I'll keep lurking for awhile. Maybe once something has landed to check out I'll change my mine in a hurry.............

That's kind of how I looked at it. Yes, very interested, but want to see firsthand. If it's a home run (and I hope it is), the GS, or maybe even the Z06, should be epic. I'd be happy with one of those in a few years (of course not above MSRP).

I’m definitely lurking until the Z06ish one is out for a year.
Beyond trying to be happy without the 3rd pedal I’m really quite excited to get into one of these beasts. But so happy with my 17 Z that I feel no urgency to move.
That being said..... I don’t expect any earth shattering problems with the C8 overall and other than some year to year refining as with all the generations. For sure the guys lined up for the cars are going to be super happy and why the hell not get in there and try and get one. Pretty cool to have one of the first cars. Show and shines, fuel stops will be epic with all the people looking and asking questions

Owning and driving a Corvette is about what makes the owner feel good and that’s what matters. Everybody has an “opinion” but it just that.... an opinion.

Go get your cars Guys... I’m looking forward to see you and looking it over first chance I get. 👍👍

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and Nik
I'm new to this - 911 guy for many, many years. Ready for something new and the C8 looks like it may well be it. I am going to hold out for a Grand Sport (or Z06) that's still a few years out. Looking to get an order in with a dealer that knows what they are doing - above all would like to have a good buying experience.

Is there anyone in QC I should be talking to? Not sure who does volume and has deep model expertise. I have not been able to find anything searching online.

I have already reached out to Wilson Niblett in Toronto, will import from ON if that's what it takes. Anyone else that I should be talking to? I don't want to fool around, want to put a deposit down and order a future model spec'd to my taste at MSRP. If I am going to have to travel and deal with taxes etc. I would prefer to work with the 'best'.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers

Matt
hey Matt. i have bought several vehicles (and referred several family members) to the manager at ROYFOSS THORNHILL. his name is kosta fotis. give him a ring and see what he says about QC transport, laws, fees etc.... it wont hurt.

• Informative
Beyond trying to be happy without the 3rd pedal I’m really quite excited to get into one of these beasts.

There's a rumour out there Derek that purists like us will be able to get an after market third C8 pedal with double sided tape and a spring that mounts under the dash. With practice, and syncronizing your thumb and your left foot, it fools you into thinking you're driving a standard....Nice thing about it is you'll never miss a shift.... :happy:

For those trying to get the C8 in Canada, I think it's all about allocation and the US has it. If the actual orders start in September and the cosmos line up perfectly, we'll start seeing C8's in the US maybe around March. In Canada, maybe around June. I had to wait 7 months for my C7, ordered in March/14 received September/14. Somehow I don't expect the C8 wait to be as long but it won't be a month or two either. If GM build 3000 cars a month, this won't keep up with the demand for some time, perhaps in a year or two. I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch to see what upgrades GM has and what the aftermarket offers. Then, maybe I'll consider a C8. It sure is a good looking car.

A source a bit closer to the action than most of us tells me it will take 11 to 13 weeks to build a C8. If he is not as FOI as some of the rumours I hear, the US will see them early in the new year. We already know from the C7 saga they won't ship to Canada in the winter so that equates to May/June for anyone lucky enough to find one. Yeah... I know...More potentially BS but whatever....

• Haha
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.