Please check out the Events Section of the Forum.

Hello everyone, the time has finally come for my 10th Corvette Cruise of 2022 Season. For those that don't know me, my name is Denis, I drive a Torch Red C8 HTC and I organize Corvette Cruises in the Hamilton/ Niagara Region. Hope to see you all at this one. The cruise will start at 0830 on Oct 1st, 2022 at A&W, 300 Fourth Ave, St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P9, we will stop at halfway point at Tim Hortons, 5005 Ontario St, Beamsville, ON L0R 1B4 for a 15 min break and continue on to the finish location at McDonald's, 674 Queenston Rd, Hamilton, ON L8G 1A3. This cruise will be 80km and should take 2 hours.

here is the google maps route for everyone to use on your phones/carplay:
part 1# A&W Canada to Tim Hortons
part 2# Tim Hortons to McDonald's

oct 1st.png

Last edited:
. ... I just want to let you know that about Part 2 it's a bad idea to go to parking lot McDonald's ..there is a huge big hump there 3 to 4 how I know ? Because I live there and I know that .. and they are in all direction ... .. Before we do the car show were is the Canadian tire there but after they put the hump there is no more car show or even sport car go through that it's high risk to damage the car.....

Last edited:
. ... I just want to let you know that about Part 2 it's a bad idea to go to parking lot McDonald's ..there is a huge big hump there 3 to 4 how I know ? Because I live there and I know that .. and they are in all direction ... .. Before we do the car show were is the Canadian tire there but after they put the hump there is no more car show or even sport car go through that it's high risk to damage the car.....
I was wondering why ZERO cars in there Friday.

Thanks for the heads up. We used that parking lot twice already, the speed bumps are no big deal as we are a corvette cruise and not a Stance Import Car show.

They have been at every entrance for over 2 years now, but last time even a lowered C5 made it thru without issues
At least 10 years those lumps have been annoying drivers, but, have you been there in the last 5 days?
There's zero, none, zilch hot rods / ricers in there......as of the last few days, whereas the lot was full every night, and busy by day.
NEW (fresh) lumps, could be to blame?
There's also changes at the intersection of Queenston & Nash. Be careful, and maybe consider an alternate meeting spot, just in case.

Reactions: DenisC8
before they do car show there were Canadian tire and FreshCo parking lot but after they put those lumps no more car show there ...There is no way My C5 can pass from there ..but anyway l am happy that you guy knows about it 👍

Thank you guys for your feedback. I will keep the end location. If it turns out unsuitable I will take the blame and report back for the “I told ya so”
Update.
You're golden. There's no new lumps, it's the same.
I went through every part of the lot 15 minutes ago.
There's likely security, or cops making sure there's no 'gatherings' though. It was dead empty Friday night.

Update.
You're golden. There's no new lumps, it's the same.
I went through every part of the lot 15 minutes ago.
There's likely security, or cops making sure there's no 'gatherings' though. It was dead empty Friday night.
thanks for checking, I appreciate it. We will be rolling in at around 11, parking in the Canadian Tire lot for 30-45 min like we have done on the last cruises. No one ever hustled us. I think corvettes register differently in the eyes of law enforcement.

Reactions: AxeZ06
I can also confirm no issues with those speed bumps at the Mickey D's parking lot pulling the ZR1 in at the end.

Pretty good route this one, I met the group at the Timmies so only did the 2nd part of the drive. Most likely the last one this year for me with the car. It went straight up on my lift when I got home to do my winter storage oil change (finished it up this morning). I'll most likely drive it a short bit 1 more time before parking it lifted up for real till spring.

1 thing I was pissed about was on the way to meet the group in Beamsville, was on the QEW in the HOV lanes about to pass a large lifted pickup truck in the regular left lane, MF'er with no warning or signals as I was passing it decided to try to sideswipe my car by pulling into the HOV where you are not supposed to move over there. This absolutely freaked out my SO riding shotgun as 8 years ago she was involved in an accident where she was driving and someone pulled a similar manoeuvre. Fcuker swerved back into his left lane before again moving over into the HOV lane improperly (I'm now ahead) and saw him backed right off.

Totally wasn't happy about that, driving a white car no f-ing way in hell he didn't see a car in the HOV. The amount of idiots out there driving now is incredible.

Tony

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread