I just cannot see anyone wanting to buy a ZR1 that powerful just for the streets, unless it is for badge bragging rights (which I guess some current ZR1 owners may agree). I would have to guess that one buys a car like that for the sole purpose to bring it to the track to make the investment in extra power and handling worth it. Personally I am looking for a boulevard cruiser, don't need the speed/power, BUT I do prefer the looks of the Z06 compared to the Stingray (wider body, nicer side inlets, plus that gorgeous Z07 wing). So thankfully the eRay is coming out to fill that void and give those of us who do NOT need/want a Z06 to have the same look as it via the eRay. I can certainly appreciate the engineering that has gone into this new ZR1, but man that is a lot of power to be driving around slowly on the streets, hence my comment that this is a purposefully built track car.

With that said, I wonder what else is out there that will come close to this ZR1, which I can only imagine will be priced somewhere in the $150k+ territory, a bargain (for those who can afford it) compared to what is listed below:

Porsche GT3 RS (520HP, 3.0s @ $225-$250k nope Z06 territory at best)
Lambo Veneno (740HP, 2.9s, 356 KM/Hr @ $4.5M, nope Z06 territory at best)
Ferarri 812 Superfast (789HP, 2.9s, 340 KM/Hr @ $450K a bit closer but still Z06 territory)
LaFerrari (949HP, 2.6s, 349 KM/Hr @$5M competitor maybe)
McLaren Speedtail (1035HP, 2.5s, 402 KM/Hr @ $2.7M (this could be the competitor)

Users who are viewing this thread