Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 HTC
Province
BC
Anybody cooking eggs in your C8 trunk?
Or other food in your trunk oven?

Your meal is ready by the time you get home from the supermarket.

75C = 167F

WTF was GM thinking?

(yes, the probe is accurate)

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 0
  • Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Anybody cooking eggs in your C8 trunk?
Or other food in your trunk oven?

Your meal is ready by the time you get home from the supermarket.

75C = 167F

WTF was GM thinking?

(yes, the probe is ac
reminds me of an old Popular Mechanics article. Wrap the chicken in foil and wire tie to the exhaust manifold. If the drive is long enough, you get winner winner chicken dinner.

A little perspective here.
One can touch the wall and it MIGHT feel hot after spirited driving.
It is never hot enough that you can't leave your hand on it.

At 60°C, it takes one second for hot water to cause third-degree burns.
At 55°C, it takes 10 seconds for hot water to cause third-degree burns.
At 50°C, it takes five minutes for hot water to cause third-degree burns.

I think your gauge is flawed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
OP you should put on your fire suit, drive your C8 to the nearest chevy dealership immediately, and trade it in for a Chevy Trax, because what the hell was GM thinking selling you this death trap. I would go as far as to say that it is beneath you to drive or be seen in such a sub-par vehicle. I am no lawyer but I think you have grounds for a law suit.

why is it that some people always look for flaws or problems (real or perceived) instead of focusing on the big picture that C8 is the best sports car for the money, ever...

I think this might be a HTC thing.. I went shopping the other day and returned home with warm beer and slightly cooked chicken wings. Fortunately, I had a cooler and a smoker handy! I think next time ill try a brisket and go for a longer drive :Hurray:

OP you should put on your fire suit, drive your C8 to the nearest chevy dealership immediately, and trade it in for a Chevy Trax, because what the hell was GM thinking selling you this death trap. I would go as far as to say that it is beneath you to drive or be seen in such a sub-par vehicle. I am no lawyer but I think you have grounds for a law suit.

why is it that some people always look for flaws or problems (real or perceived) instead of focusing on the big picture that C8 is the best sports car for the money, ever...

Subscribing lol...

I think we can all agree that the trunk definitely gets hot… frunk is a better option for temperature sensitive items.
If OP’s engine compartment is really getting that hot, there must be an issue and he should get it looked at immediately. Clearly temps that high are not normal and are unsafe.