Apr 11, 2020
Cambridge
VetteCoins
Car
1975 Corvette
Province
ON
I own a 75 ragtop with a vinyl roof and I'm wondering if there was anything I should be concerned about if I wanted to add a Hardtop. If there is a different locking mechanism to be concerned about ?...will a hardtop cover automatically fit to my car, or does the car need to have the proper hardware to fasten down ? I was told a hardtop wouldn't work on my car, and not sure why .

Good luck finding a hardtop! 1968-1975 to my knowledge are the same hard tops. I was looking for years and last year found one in Nanaimo. It was the best I saw in years and they are so rare I just pulled the trigger. It needs work and I needed to take it apart and put back as Bubba had it all wrong. I had to sand the right side as there was an uneven edge from factory which would rub my rear deck. Smooth Line makes an aftermarket but you may have to massage it as well. Back in the day when these cars were built they eyeballed a lot of the fit so no two tops fit the same. I will prep, paint and do Alcantara Diamond stitch my headliner this summer.
iOS Image - 1701656122.jpg
iOS Image - 180693414.jpg

Last edited:
I own a 75 ragtop with a vinyl roof and I'm wondering if there was anything I should be concerned about if I wanted to add a Hardtop. If there is a different locking mechanism to be concerned about ?...will a hardtop cover automatically fit to my car, or does the car need to have the proper hardware to fasten down ? I was told a hardtop wouldn't work on my car, and not sure why .

Based on the reply you got I think yes you can fit one. Seems this Bubba guy works for the factory and aftermarket folks. Hopefully, you get an answer soon about the hardware and some actual details on how it all fits together.

Reactions: Rockychew
Based on the reply you got I think yes you can fit one. Seems this Bubba guy works for the factory and aftermarket folks. Hopefully, you get an answer soon about the hardware and some actual details on how it all fits together.

Thanks, my top fits great now after I massaged it. Just have not had time to strip old paint, repaint, reline the top to match my interior and put on new rubber.
Stock wiper just died the other day so I am rebuilding that now. 1969 was only year I know with headlight washer so more to go wrong.
And I have not once in 15 years used my headlight washer so why am I fixing it?
:)

Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks, my top fits great now after I massaged it. Just have not had time to strip old paint, repaint, reline the top to match my interior and put on new rubber.
Stock wiper just died the other day so I am rebuilding that now. 1969 was only year I know with headlight washer so more to go wrong.
And I have not once in 15 years used my headlight washer so why am I fixing it?
:)

You have a very beautiful Corvette and it is great to see the care and pride you have in it. I look forward to seeing it finished and hearing the story behind your smile.

:thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.